Gelish disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
I did my nails last night with Gelish Sweet Morning Dew. Fabulous colour but I had so many wrinkles. Never happened to me before. We're my layers too thick? Not sure where I went wrong but at least it was on my nails. Well, it's all coming off this morning and I'll have another go. Any tips please?

If it wrinkled then yes it was applied too thickly.
I don't know this colour but I assume it is a dark colour? The more heavily pigmented colours really need to be applied thinly or they will undercure causing wrinkles, and if left on it will just peel off. Best to do 3 thin layers to get the full colour.

If it wrinkled then yes it was applied too thickly.
I don't know this colour but I assume it is a dark colour? The more heavily pigmented colours really need to be applied thinly or they will undercure causing wrinkles, and if left on it will just peel off. Best to do 3 thin layers to get the full colour.

Thanks. it's not a dark colour, it's a peachy orange colour, cream finish. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379227676.124935.jpg

Same happened with mine and was told to heat it by either rolling in hands or sit on top of a radiator for a couple of minutes then apply thinly
Hth xxx

I did my nails last night with Gelish Sweet Morning Dew. Fabulous colour but I had so many wrinkles. Never happened to me before. We're my layers too thick? Not sure where I went wrong but at least it was on my nails. Well, it's all coming off this morning and I'll have another go. Any tips please?

It's a pain for this its so thick even a thin layer can't wrinkle :-/ try warming in warm water or adding a few drops of tio to the bottle- I've done both and still had it go funny on clients in the following days.

If I'm using this colour I sit it in a cup of hot water whilst I'm doing my prep work, by the time I come to use it its not as thick & make sure my coats are nice & thin xx

Thanks for the tips, I'll try warming it and doing very thin layers. if its still a problem, it's going in the bin!

Was it from the old batch. I know the Love in Bloom collection, at first, was thicker and harder to apply therefore you would have thicker coats without knowing and this caused wrinkling. Sweet Morning Dew was a particular nuisance with this.

I spoke to NH and returned my entire collection and had the new batch sent out, after they'd made them thinner, and I never had any problems after.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

As said above this whole collection was thick at first. Don't bin it though its a lovely colour.
Apply VERY thinly. So thin it looks like your dragging it and it looks patchy.
Trust the product. After 2/3 layer if will look lovely.
Dry brushing over each cured colour layer also helps.

Laura💋

I belive you can return it and they will send you another one from the new batch x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I stood the bottle in a bowl of hot water and it did thin out. I applied it as thin as I possibly could. After the second coat it was very patchy and had a bit of wrinkling on a couple of nails, after the third coat, it was still a bit patchy and more wrinkly throughout. Never even bothered with the top coat, I gave up and it's all off again.

I have the same problem with inner vixen I have taken it off my list for clients, iv anyone has any tip for it that would be nice :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I added a few drops of top it off and it worked well.

They did formulate a new batch. I sent all mine back. They were just awful.

The new batch is easy to work with though!

If its small wrinkles add a layer of structure gel over the top. It hides a multitude of sins hehe :)

Laura💋

I also have the same problem with inner vixen, harmony tested it and said I was applying it too thick and that it was fine. I hate using it

I went with Orange cream dream in the end. Application was absolutely fine but I don't think I like the colour now. Oh dear.ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379281157.976476.jpg

Is that Gelish? That's the colour I've been looking for. I had the first batch of Love in Bloom and had to send them back. They have been fine since.

yes, Gelish, Orange Cream Dream. 3 coats. Too sheer for my liking. Didn't dare do anything other

Thanks. Maybe layer it over Stand out for more depth. x

Latest posts

Back