Gelish fading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyk100

Reaction score
Hello has anyone had a problem with any Gelish colours fading. I have had the It's a Lilly colour on for one week and then I went to do my sister nails today and realised the colour had faded on my nails and just wondered why this could be. Now I did buy my kit off of somebody who has had it since Oct last year but had not hardly use the kit if at all. Is there a shelf life on the nail polsih etc??

Ive been using gelish since march and haven't noticed any colour fading. Did the person you buy your kit from buy it from an approved supplier? X

Sorry that should say.... Did the person you bought your kit from buy it from an approved supplier. xx

Hi yes they said they did. I've just painted a dark colour nail and will see how that goes.

There are certain colours that fade to a lighter colour dont no why. Go girl, and one of the aurora colours do (cant remember which one). Havent ever heard of its a Lily fading though. x

There are certain colours that fade to a lighter colour dont no why. Go girl, and one of the aurora colours do (cant remember which one). Havent ever heard of its a Lily fading though. x

I sent my Go Girl back because it faded, its the only colour I have which does x

I sent my Go Girl back because it faded, its the only colour I have which does x

Does your new go girl still fade kattyj? x

Does your new go girl still fade kattyj? x

I exchanged it for Light Elegant instead because I was told there is a problem with Go Girl and I couldnt have another one until the problem was sorted x

Go girl for me too! After a week on it fades & by the time the client comes for it taken off its almost white with a yellowish tinge :-/
Was thinking of getting Pink Smoothie or the Candy Land palest pink as a replacement for Go Girl as it seems to get quite a few requests!! I'm always reluctant to use it :-/

Thanks Ladies well I've used the It's a Lilly again and done 3 coats this time for my sister so will see if it fades again​

Interesting thread, glad you asked x
I have noticed this with your so sweet your giving me a toothache (candyland) I did it on a clients fingers then just over a week later she had it done on her toes, we both noticed how her fingers has massively faded!
I want to get some more soft pinky colours but not sure what ones, did have pink smoothie on my list but after reading on here it doesn't seem a good colour, any suggestions? :( x

On Beauty Tech girls also wrote about Gelish changing colors, especially when bottle was more than a year old.

And a few days ago I was doing fresh color displays for my UV polishes - not only Gelish fades. Some of other UV polishes I carry also changed color on the wheel. Yes, wheels are a few months old, so it is not noticable on nails, but it makes me aware that I need new color popits every few months. Hopefully they do not change color on nails when the bottle gets older :/.

The biggest difference is Prince Charming from Orly FX - it turned from dark taupe into dark khaki green :). Pixy stix and Pink chocolate also changed noticably, they are much nicer than on old display wheel, so it was good move for me :).

I bought mine direct and have only had them since march and it definitely fades from lilac to a grey. The candyland pink also fades.

Does anyone this happens to offer do redo their clients nails free of charge?

Ive only ever used Go Girl twice and it faded on both clients, I offered to redo free of charge but luckily they said they were happy to pay, what does anyone else do or say to their clients?

I've read in other threads that It's A Lily fades. My Go Girl seems fine.

I have it's a lily too but it has never faded.

Interesting tho... I do wonder what the shelf life is once you open your gelish polish ? Anyone know ?

My go girl fades aswell, which is annoying as it is my most popular colour! I'm starting to dread doing it as I know what it's going to look like in a weeks time

I'm coming to the end if the bottle and i'm looking for a pink similar. Someone suggested the candy land light pink, but if this fades aswell then I'm not sure xxxx

If you turn your bottle on its side and at the edge of the label near the bottom there is a picture of what looks like a wee open pot with a number in it. Pretty sure that's the shelf life? And of I'm right it'll be 36m for gelish so 3 years? You'll see it on loads of beauty stuff, hair products, Make-up etc. xxx

Interesting thread, glad you asked x
I have noticed this with your so sweet your giving me a toothache (candyland) I did it on a clients fingers then just over a week later she had it done on her toes, we both noticed how her fingers has massively faded!
I want to get some more soft pinky colours but not sure what ones, did have pink smoothie on my list but after reading on here it doesn't seem a good colour, any suggestions? :( x

I've noticed this too with this Candy Land color. Mine faded to an off white color.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I have decided to say good bye to gelish. I was re-doing my color pops, I noticed, how different are some colors, but I also noticed, that half of bottles started to cure.. I was taking out big cured pieces of gel, 3 I had to throw away. I guess no more gelish for me, I like to buy variety of colors even those less popular one - with nail polish it is not a problem, they last long, but with gel polishes - well, if they live short every less used bottle that cures on shelf is just money wasted..
I am going to cover that stupid hole and if my new colors will not start to cure in the next 6 months, I will give gelish one more chance. But right now - no more gelish for me, I will stay with opi orly and shellac, they seem to be ok.
BTW I got new opi collection yesterday, I am sooo in love with colors.

Latest posts

Back