Gelish fading

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone this happens to offer do redo their clients nails free of charge?

Ive only ever used Go Girl twice and it faded on both clients, I offered to redo free of charge but luckily they said they were happy to pay, what does anyone else do or say to their clients?

I'm aware of a few of my colors that fade (disappointing!!) so I let the client know if they choose one of the fading ones. I let them know what it fades to and let them decide. Since I let them know up front, before the service, then they can't fault me if the color fades on them.

My faders are Go Girl, Princess Tiara, and Taupe Model

I'm aware of a few of my colors that fade (disappointing!!) so I let the client know if they choose one of the fading ones. I let them know what it fades to and let them decide. Since I let them know up front, before the service, then they can't fault me if the color fades on them.

My faders are Go Girl, Princess Tiara, and Taupe Model

Add a little bit of Gossip Girl (which is a stable pink) to Go Girl & it will stop it from fading.
I did the same to my Princess Tiara as it had gone grey in the bottle now it is fine.

My pink smoothie never fades.

I've heard if you put a glitter topper over the colour that it stops them fading, I know - no help if your client doesn't want glitter but it's there to think about xx

I've heard if you put a glitter topper over the colour that it stops them fading, I know - no help if your client doesn't want glitter but it's there to think about xx

It doesn't stop it :( I did this with a client for go girl and it turned this hideous color of pale yellow within days

I do this with mine and have had no issues but saying that my go girl or pink smoothie doesn't fade even when I use them alone. Confused :s xx

I have a few colours from gelish (even some mentioned on this forum as colour fading), i was thinking to buy more gelish colours but after some review here, i decide to change to artistic colour gloss. They don,t fade (at least, none of the colour i have offer as service) don,t chip, and last exactly like gelish.

I hope harmony or nail allience or whoever make gelish, solve this issue.

My Go Girl never fades but It's a lily does, what's worse now it gets popular! Interesting thing is that it fades on some nails but stays ok on all others, lately I've had a client with only 2 nails faded, I don't get it... This is my only fader so far (candy land no probs).

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

My go girl faded in the bottle! It's now peach inside the bottle lol

It must be a faulty batch, I can't think of any other reason.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Add a little bit of Gossip Girl (which is a stable pink) to Go Girl & it will stop it from fading.
I did the same to my Princess Tiara as it had gone grey in the bottle now it is fine.

How much is a little bit? X

How much is a little bit? X

With my Princess T I tried it on a pice of foil first to check it would work then added it to the whole bottle a drop at a time till it looked correct.
From memory about 8 or 10 drops to the whole bottle.
Try on foil first or in a pot so you get it right.

With my Princess T I tried it on a pice of foil first to check it would work then added it to the whole bottle a drop at a time till it looked correct.
From memory about 8 or 10 drops to the whole bottle.
Try on foil first or in a pot so you get it right.

Does this make it go back to lilac? I was thinking of adding night reflection, never thought about gossip girl x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does this make it go back to lilac? I was thinking of adding night reflection, never thought about gossip girl x

As i only had the one bottle of Princess T I couldn't say if it went back to the original colour it should have been.
It is now a colour my clients choose.

Try mixing both ways on foil till you get the colour you are happy with.

It is pointless having a bottle sitting doing nothing.

Good luck.

As i only had the one bottle of Princess T I couldn't say if it went back to the original colour it should have been.
It is now a colour my clients choose.

Try mixing both ways on foil till you get the colour you are happy with.

It is pointless having a bottle sitting doing nothing.

Good luck.

Thanks hun, I'll give it a go, its bad enough that Go girl is unusable now :-( x

Just wanted to mention that I have pink smoothie and it's never faded, even the colour pop is the same. However for the best coverage I have to do four really thin coats.
I also have you're so sweet, that faded a lot!
I wish that all colours were the same consistency as gossip girl and garden teal party, I find them so much easier to apply.. Only two coats and they never wrinkle!

Just wanted to mention that I have pink smoothie and it's never faded, even the colour pop is the same. However for the best coverage I have to do four really thin coats.
I also have you're so sweet, that faded a lot!
I wish that all colours were the same consistency as gossip girl and garden teal party, I find them so much easier to apply.. Only two coats and they never wrinkle!

Midnight Caller is another colour which goes on perfectly & never wrinkles.
Almost full coverage with just one coat.

I wish they all were as good.

Maybe we need a thread for best coverage & stability of all Gelish colours with only 1 or 2 coats not 4 or. 5 coats!

Take Action from the cancer research collection it fades really bad, I've done few clients with it, it become a cream colour after couple of days, I do warn them before hand the thing is they do all love the colour once it faded 😊

Take Action from the cancer research collection it fades really bad, I've done few clients with it, it become a cream colour after couple of days, I do warn them before hand the thing is they do all love the colour once it faded 😊

After 4years using Gelish I've moved over to Shellac, too many problems with it from fading colours not all colours curing properly it wasn't like this at the start I feel that its a factory problem, and I can't afford to keep paying for a product that's not doing its job.
Shellac has been great!

Latest posts

Back