Gelish - final step,unsure what to do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
My sister is coming on Monday to have her nails done, she asked me wks ago for a mate black.
After seeing some of the Knoad ive been doing she would like some added to her nails. she decided on the lace design over the tips with silver barry M polish, what i dont know is what's going to be the best way to compleat the nails as normally i would do a 2nd TIO after any nails art but if i do that the black wont be matte any longer.

Any tips on what would be best?

How are you getting the matte in the first place? Are you just buffing off the shine?

I would tell her she can have matte everything or normal shiny everything. I'm guessing she wants the Konad shiny though?

Or do 4 matte fingers and Konad on the ring shiny?

Can you not matte all nails and then use the top coat on the konad plate,stamp,cure and wipe sticky layer that way you have your matte nail underneath with the topcoat pattern x

[QUOTE=Nails
She wants this ( see photo ) but I was just unsure about how to top coat the pattern without losing the matte affect.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338745293.102267.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1338745293.102267.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 295
Nails She wants this ( see photo ) but I was just unsure about how to top coat the pattern without losing the matte affect.[/quote said:
I don't think you will be able to unless you top coat really neat over the design but then the tip will be shiny. My konad lasts around a week and half if I don't topcoat so maybe don't use any.

Sorry not much help x x let me know how you get on x

couldnt you do your gelish as normal.. apply the konad.. then 2 layers of top it off.. then buff matte ?? that way you have 2 layers of top it off so when you gently buff your only buffing the very top layer.. ??

try it on some tips or half a tip and see hwo it works best for you ..

Sarah xx

couldnt you do your gelish as normal.. apply the konad.. then 2 layers of top it off.. then buff matte ?? that way you have 2 layers of top it off so when you gently buff your only buffing the very top layer.. ??

try it on some tips or half a tip and see hwo it works best for you ..

Sarah xx

Good thinking I will give it a go in morning before she comes on a display tip otherwise I think I will go with the no top coat and see how she gets on

Latest posts

Back