Gelish Foundation advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiSC

Reaction score
Hello,

I found this post from Georgie Smedley on another site and thought it might be really useful for anyone having issues with gelish lifting/peeling etc. I found point 4 v useful!

Georgie Smedley
Ok so here are the reasons why:
1. Foundation should never be cured for longer than 1 minute under a UV lamp, or 5 seconds under an 18G LED lamp.
2. Always dry brush.
3. The brush you use for dry brushing should never be used for anything else other than dry brushing.
4. The dry brush should never be cleaned with anything other than a dry table towel. If you have introduced another product onto that brush, or cleaned it with a solvent/cleanser, then you need to work some foundation back into it, and squeeze any excess out between two table towels.
5. If you are using a brand new dry brush, this will normally come with a wax coating, carefully flick out the wax and work some foundation back into it, and squeeze any excess out between two table towels.
if none of the above apply, then you should contact [email protected] stating the issue with the product. We have had a very small amount of colours sent to us with a lack of pigment in them, this makes it difficult to apply and requiring 4 coats for coverage.
If you do email Jess for help with returning products which you feel may be faulty, you will need to have your proof of purchase to hand.
I hope this helps!!
xxxx xxxx

Arg! I got fluff on my dry brush brush today during a mani and had to clean it for the first time... Surely the blue Harmony cleanser is okay... (fingers crossed)

She mentioned to rub some foundation into the cleansed brush and then squeeze any excess out

Thought u cure foundation for 20sec not 5sec!!!!!! Confused! X

I have the 6g lamp and its 10secs the 18g one is shorter x and when I trained my trainer said I can clean it will the cleanse you get in your kit x

I have the 6g lamp and its 10secs the 18g one is shorter x and when I trained my trainer said I can clean it will the cleanse you get in your kit x

Yes, the 18G is 5 secs. I also thought you could clean the dry brush with cleanse but it appears that's not the case!

Can I ask what kind of brush you all use for dry brushing? I was using an old gel brush but I have been cleansing it in between. Won't it go hard?

I was told on my training not to clean the brush - however I found it got hard and made dry brushing difficult so now I cleanse it either with the cleanser or disperse and let it dry naturally, so the advice on working some foundation gel in is interesting? surely the stickier it is attracts fluff etc?

I switched to the disposable hexagonal sponges from harmony and would never go back no fluff at all! Xx

I agree. I was told on my training to use the sponges you can get from nail harmony and I think they are brilliant.

I switched to the disposable hexagonal sponges from harmony and would never go back no fluff at all! Xx

Do you need to use a new one each time or can you re use?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I use a new sponge each time. They are not very expensive and you get a lot

Latest posts

Back