Gelish French polish advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watersideskin

Reaction score
We have the GELISH gel polish and seem to be having a problem with french. Two clients have called a couple days after having it done saying that it has literally peeled off. The first client said that it came off on just one nail I think and the other said that 4 of the gelish nails peeled/lifted off at once. We're following all the instructions making sure each layer is capped etc. We've had no problem with the colours it's just the french. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice for us to try? Many thanks.

We have the GELISH gel polish and seem to be having a problem with french. Two clients have called a couple days after having it done saying that it has literally peeled off. The first client said that it came off on just one nail I think and the other said that 4 of the gelish nails peeled/lifted off at once. We're following all the instructions making sure each layer is capped etc. We've had no problem with the colours it's just the french. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice for us to try? Many thanks.

Are you doing two coats or one thick layer.
Thick tends to peel.

If your layers are too thick, it will peel.

If any of your layers, it be color or top, touches the skin, and the client picks at it, it will peel.

When I practiced in my training, I had a hard time getting Sleek White Gelish on really thinly, for some reason no matter how much I wiped the brush against the bottle, I would always have to much product. Maybe try to be careful with that too?

Latest posts

Back