Gelish Gel Polishes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my first batch of new colours this morning and was planning on my second next month but I am going to order them today as I was blown away by the colours. :D:D:D

what colours did you get? what are you getting?

As i cant rep you (got to spread the love!) just wanted to say i totally agree. It would be a much nicer experience for all if it didnt have to have the 'them and us' feeling if you decide to choose one over the other. As long we're all happy with are own choices surely we should all be able to have a little respect for each other!

Although i'm not in the position to be able to purchase either of these products yet, i too have enjoyed reading about them and seeing the enthusiasm for them. xxxxx

I completely agree too, i cant stand this my cats blacker than your cat attitude.Its blooming stupid and other systems being basically slagged off when its not the products but the application.

I love my Shellac it's just brilliant but I do have some clients it's not suited, one being my daughter.
So I have just received my Gelish order can't wait to try, not going to replace one with the other if both are suited. I will use both side by side if I love Gelish as much as Shellac.

For my pennies worth - I cant believe that there is all this them and us situation-

I am using gelish on toes and so far so good - like others have mentioned Im loving the new colours and the products.

There is room for us all whatever system we are using after all its what makes the world go around and if we were using all the blooming same (which is whateveryone does where I am) it would be a boring bloomin world. Clients want choice, we have to work with what we like the look of and sometimes in this big wide world brands dominate and people are sucked into something without thinking for themselves or trying things for themselves - a good therapist isnt afraid to try something different, take the good and the bad, what works for them and brings in the pennies for them has to be a good thing

Sorry for the rant - but this is so boring whats better than this or that -its play ground stuff - Does it matter? JUST DO IT! Do what works for YOU

For my pennies worth - I cant believe that there is all this them and us situation-

I am using gelish on toes and so far so good - like others have mentioned Im loving the new colours and the products.

There is room for us all whatever system we are using after all its what makes the world go around and if we were using all the blooming same (which is whateveryone does where I am) it would be a boring bloomin world. Clients want choice, we have to work with what we like the look of and sometimes in this big wide world brands dominate and people are sucked into something without thinking for themselves or trying things for themselves - a good therapist isnt afraid to try something different, take the good and the bad, what works for them and brings in the pennies for them has to be a good thing

Sorry for the rant - but this is so boring whats better than this or that -its play ground stuff - Does it matter? JUST DO IT! Do what works for YOU

OK, can we end this on this one - no more he said, she said and carry on the discussion as the original poster meant.

If this continues to go off track like this then it will be closed.

i Agree xx do what it says x whoo ho ive just ordered more x the new ones are fantastico . i've a photo of gossip girl on my photos x:D

Just got Gossip Girl, Tiger Blossom & Tumberline Violet. Can't wait to get home and try them! lol!!!

Just another question to throw into the pipeline, I will using Gelish and am rather taken by Shellac also so i may use the both, but can you use shellac over Gel or Acrylic enhancments and with the removal would it affect the enhancement ..

I am sure this has been asked but i cant find it ..
Sarah x

Just another question to throw into the pipeline, I will using Gelish and am rather taken by Shellac also so i may use the both, but can you use shellac over Gel or Acrylic enhancments and with the removal would it affect the enhancement ..

Sarah x
You can use Shellac over enhancements, it would be better to file off rather than soaked off though for obvious reasons :green:
Not sure about Gelish but I would imagine it would be the same, and for the same reason.

To be honest, if you're wanting to apply it over enhancements you'd be just as well to apply enamel as that lasts a long time on enhancements with no chipping etc... but of course you wouldn't want to turn the business down if clients did want it over their enhanced nails :D

Sarah x

yes and yes.
i think you would be ok soaking it off on sculpted file off gel enhancements only, [not on tips as these would disolve too]

Last edited:
Thanks.. I would be using it over file off and not the Gelish as gelish would be a totally seperate service.. I will have to buy some and have a try when i can, still in the start up of business at the moment...

Sarah x

what colours did you get? what are you getting?

Yes they have arrived and they are fabulous! I got Simply Sheer, Gossip Girl, Sweet Chocolate, Night Reflection, Vegas Nights and Elegant Wish.

Have used the Gossip Girl on one of my clients. A really different choice for her and she absolutely loved them. She has short nails at the moment and was really pleased with how they looked. I did take photos so I will try and post them over the weekend. :green:

I did Gossip Girl today and it was beautiful xxx

I also did Bella.s Vampire on a client today and I am wearing it too and I love it I now have 2 favs Fedora and Bella's Vampire xxxx

a review of Vegas Nights would be appreciated xxx

Vegas Nights is a sheer silver with tiny multicoloured glitter in it. It is very pretty and could be used alone or over some of the other colours to give a different look. :green:

thanks whn I am re ordering Vegas Nights will be included xxxx any other recommendations welcome xxxx

Just got Gossip Girl, Tiger Blossom & Tumberline Violet. Can't wait to get home and try them! lol!!!

tiger blossom mmm tell me what its like xx

Tiger Blossom is top of my list for my order today! Having seen Gossip Girl on my client last night!! These will be the hottest colours in this range this Summer! :green:

Tiger Blossom is top of my list for my order today! Having seen Gossip Girl on my client last night!! These will be the hottest colours in this range this Summer! :green:
Spot on as usual Shiela .. those fantastic colours as well as Bella's Vampire and of course Blanc n Black shadow are flying off the selves ..
xx

I have made up 3 colour wheels of all the Gelish colours & put photos in the Gelish lovers group for anyone who's interested in seeing what the colours look like. I have numbered them all & will post a list of the corresponding numbers/names tomorrow!

I have made up 3 colour wheels of all the Gelish colours & put photos in the Gelish lovers group for anyone who's interested in seeing what the colours look like. I have numbered them all & will post a list of the corresponding numbers/names tomorrow!

You are an angel thank you xxx:hug:

Im going to have to look at these new colours - fav where I am is Good Gossip and Starburst

Latest posts

Back