Gelish Glitter Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
Hi,

I have had a few client's asking me for Glitter tips for Xmas parties and I was just wondering, would the Gelish glitter polishes such as Emerald Dust, Grand Jewels, Twinkle etc be the best thing to use or would it look more effective to sprinkle on glitter?

I have Vegas Nights which is gorgeous layered but I don't think it would really stand out on it's own, are the glitter gels really glittery?

Thanks guys :lol:

Ezflow do a range of seriously glitter gels x

I would use Gelish with loose glitter to be honest x

why not do rock star style using glitter and gelish and just do french with it insted of the whole nail,
if you find the glitter area to be slightly uneven to the non glitter area use a little bit of the Gelish strutcure ,

I do gelish glitter tips all the time. Either prep the nail as usual or do your extension as usual and then apply foundation and cure then add the smile line with a glitter and back sweep to tidy, cure, then another layer of glitter and cure then top it off. My clients love it! I have just done a set today of black and white tips. I have attached a pic for you, this is done in the same way :) hth xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321921952.967552.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1321921952.967552.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,903
Thank you guys I will give it a go with the Glitters :lol:

I do gelish glitter tips all the time. Either prep the nail as usual or do your extension as usual and then apply foundation and cure then add the smile line with a glitter and back sweep to tidy, cure, then another layer of glitter and cure then top it off. My clients love it! I have just done a set today of black and white tips. I have attached a pic for you, this is done in the same way :) hth xx

I'm going to try this, sounds great! Do you find there is a ridge where the smile line is though? x

Last edited:
I wondered about a ridge too Puffle, wondered if a layer of structure gel over the whole nail after the glitter might help even it out?

if you find the glitter area to be slightly uneven to the non glitter area use a little bit of the Gelish strutcure ,

I wondered about a ridge too Puffle, wondered if a layer of structure gel over the whole nail after the glitter might help even it out?

Thats what I said LOL

Lol Mizzy Dizzy, I'm obviously not paying attention today! Sorry :wink2:

Nope no ridges just 2 thin coats and top it off :) x

Lol Mizzy Dizzy, I'm obviously not paying attention today! Sorry :wink2:
Grate minds and all ;) x i actuly like using a wee bit of structre over the glitter it gives a slight magnifing effect :)

Chrogers your nails look fab! I'm sorry to interupt the thread. I'm just wondering what you use for the thin coat of glitter between the black and the white?

Latest posts

Back