Gelish hard gel or Fusion Acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy1981

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've trained with Harmony in Gelish and would love to do more training. However the courses for the above are very close together so can really only do one at this point in time.

Which would you recommend and why? I'm very new to this so would hard gel be a bit easier to master than acrylics? Although what is more popular with your clients?

Any advice appreciated xx

Following as in exactly the same position myself :)

I'm stuck with this too, although I did speak to my trainer about it before and she said to me to start with gel as it's easier to pick up and then once you have done the gel it makes the acrylic easier to master

I would say go with the fusion to start with as

a) it can be soaked off (hard gel cannot) which is not great for short term wearers

b) Acrylic is more popular and asked for 99% of the time

c) Fusion is stronger than gelish hard gel

Hope this helps

I would definitely say GHG is easier to pick up. But as beautific said fusion is more popular and easier to remove. I did GHG first then did fusion but wish I had just done fusion. I'd say bite the bullet and book your fusion course! Good luck x

I trained with Harmony 2 years ago, i would say acrylics as its the hardest to pick up once you've done it the GHG is alot easier.

Also i get asked for acrylics a lot more then gel enhancements.

It really is down to preference.
Whats more popular in your area?
I learnt how to do acrylic last year with Nail Harmony and I personally found the whole process too hard and too time consuming. I haven't really had clients in for it either as they would all prefer to go to the NSS salons down the road.
I am now looking into doing Hard Gel instead.
I was advised to learn acrylic first and then go into hard gel x

Thanks everyone. I think I'll go for the acrylic course first then. This is definitely more popular in my area. Xx

Latest posts

Back