Gelish hard gel problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkleme

Reaction score
Is anyone experiencing gelish hard gel extensions snapping off at the free edge after a couple of days? Especially after having a bath. I can't work out what I'm doing wrong to keep having this happen to my clients 😞 can anyone help?

For the free edge to snap off it could be a few things....
Free edge too thin
Free edge too long
Apex not built up enough to give the enhancement strength.
All of the above :)

Thanks for the reply. I have two clients that like their nails really long, I gave tried putting the hard gel over tips but it still happends. I do need to work on the apex though. How can I stop the gel from leveling too much? And his many nails do you sculpt at a time? I've been doing 4 nails then curing but I'm finding that the gel levels & runs down the form 😞

Thanks for the reply. I have two clients that like their nails really long, I gave tried putting the hard gel over tips but it still happends. I do need to work on the apex though. How can I stop the gel from leveling too much? And his many nails do you sculpt at a time? I've been doing 4 nails then curing but I'm finding that the gel levels & runs down the form ��

First of all, make sure you use Pro Bond (that's Harmony's non-acid primer)and allow it to air dry for at least 30 sec. After this, apply GHG clear gel (not clear builer) in a small circular motion, working it in to the layers of the nail plate and then LED cure for 30 sec. If you're working with tips, you would apply the tips prior to ProBond and your bonding layer of clear gel.

You can do your prep and bonding layer to 5 fingers (if you're using the 18G lamp). But for your builder layer, I do one nail at a time. To help build an apex, you can turn the finger over to help the gel form a spine down the center of the nail. Also, to prevent too much leveling, try not to over work the gel.

Part of your prep is to remove all non-living tissue from the nail plate, dehydrate the nail (with PhBond) and using Pro Bond and bonding layer with clear gel. This creates a covalent bond between the keratin in the nail and the product. If this is done correctly, a bath shouldn't interfere with it :)

Hope this helps you!

Many thanks. That is very helpful.😃 I do all the things you suggested except applying the clear before the builder so will try that.
Thank you

Another quick question... I find it easier with a round brush but should I use square? Does it make any difference? I've done both & can't tell 😬

If you like a round brush, go for it. I use a round brush for sculpting and a square brush for smile lines.

Latest posts

Back