Gelish help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemisscooli

Reaction score
I have two problems:
After dry brushing, the base cost becomes uneven and gritty.
I clean my brush after each client, anyone know why this is happening?

My colours have started to apply unevenly and the second coat drags the first coat

Sorry the app wouldn't let me go to the end of my text to continue writing!

So I have some thick bits and some thin bits! Most colours are requiring 3 coats. I've been doing gelish now for 2 years and these are both recent problems. Finding it very frustrating!!!
Please help. Xx

Sorry the app wouldn't let me go to the end of my text to continue writing!

So I have some thick bits and some thin bits! Most colours are requiring 3 coats. I've been doing gelish now for 2 years and these are both recent problems. Finding it very frustrating!!!
Please help. Xx

I am a super newbie to Gelish so I may not be able to help, however, the first thought that came to my mind was ... What sort of lamp do you use? Is it a UV lamp? Do the
Bulbs need replacing possibly, maybe it's not curing properly?
Just an idea :/ didn't want to read and run :) hth xxx

What are you cleaning your brush with?
Are you making sure it is completely dry after cleaning it? x

I would maybe suggest checking all your bulbs in your uv lamp as it could not be curing properly. And also as mentioned above make sure your brush is totally dry when you go over & dry brush!
I don't always find dry brushing necessary every time, I only do it with certain colours such as black shadow, diva & stand out!!
Hope this helps ? x

I was having exactly the same problem, I use the nh led lamp so it's not the bulbs and I was using the size 6 gel brush to dry brush, the brush was bought for this reason so never used for anything else and I clean it after every nail on a piece of bed roll but was still getting the odd "lump", then I thought to try one of the wiping sponges you can buy from Nh (used for colour fades etc) and its amazing not a lump or bubble in sight, so give that a try and hopefully it'll work for u too x

I have two problems:

My colours have started to apply unevenly and the second coat drags the first coat

I wipe my brush in alcohol and on a clean piece of kitchen roll after brushing each nail and I find that most colours need 3 coats anyway but if the 2nd coat is dragging the first coat it sounds like the first coat isn't cured properly or is too thick maybe? Or could be that you need a bit more colour on your brush for the 2nd coat as if there's not much on it it might pull the 1st coat but it shouldn't really if it's cured properly. :biggrin:

Thanks for all your replies.
I didn't dry brush today and it made so much difference. No lumps and bumps!!!
My lamp is fairly new so it's not the bulbs, and under curing.
Some colours glide on, others are just more difficult to get an even colour. X

Hi just reading the replys and i too have problems was planning on phoning Harmony up but just wondered cos iv heard a few of you say you dont dry brush but if you apply the colour on the foundation layer without dry brushing don't you get you get the foundation on your brush as you apply the colour if you get me - i thought it might end up in the colour?

I have two problems:

What colours are you having problems with? Are these new bottles? X

I apply my foundation with a harmony 6 brush as you don't get as much on the nail so it applies really thinly... I dry brush then with a second brush and I've had no probs at all.. At the end I clean both brushes in an alcohol solution and wipe on a lint cloth and then dry.., if I've back to back clients I have 2 sets of brushes so one set is always dry ..xx

Sometimes I don't dry brush but I do think the colour sticks better if u do, especially with darker colours. The colour shrinks more if I don't dry brush and I have to paint quicker and get them in the lamp. X

I find dry wiping rather than brushing better and much quicker. I use a strip of kitchen roll. If I see a little lump or bump I just swipe it with a file and then re-wipe. Works perfectly.

But surely you would end up with little bits of kitchen roll stuck on the foundation. ??

Latest posts

Back