Gelish Help :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsnails

Reaction score
Hiya Everyone,

Im desperatley trying to get hold of some information about Gelish, I have emailed uk website, and left messages on their Facebook page and I haven't had any replies.

I've tried joining the group on here but it hasn't been accepted yet !

I really want to get some for my new job in a salon, but I want to know how to use it etc before I buy it and how much I should be charging for it as a service.

If anyone can give me some info I'd really appreciate it.

How weird is that - I started a thread and then I get an email from them at exactly the same time :)

All problems sorted, for now :)

Tel number 0800 014 8300

hth's

Joining the group my be a little difficult for a few days as Sheila is out of commission at the mo.
Applications is simple--same prep as nail polish
you can choose to either lightly buff the nail with a 240 grit buffer or not.
dehydrate,
thin layer of foundation gel-1 min, cure in UV or 10 seconds in LED
dry brush the dispersion from foundation gel
2 thin coats of color curing for 1 min each in UV or 30 seconds in LED
1 thin coat of top gel cure for 2 min in UV or 30 seconds in LED
make sure to get all layers thin and over the free edge (reduces shrinking issues)
wipe dispersion
I don't know what the exchange rate is for $, but it costs me about $1.25 per service and I charge $7 over the manicure/pedicure price for it.

Mrsnails .. Sorry it was a while to respond, but we did indeed get just one facebook message earlier. I think you have all the info now and we'll look forward to hearing from you soon.
C-C .. thanks .. I dont need to add anything to that xx:)

Thanks for your replies :)

How many sets can you get out of a bottle of Gelish?

Im just trying to work out what I should be charging roughly.

Also, how are you all that already use it, selling it to clients? Are they wanting it?

Im a bit cautious as don't want to buy it then no-one want it :)

Thanks for your replies :)

How many sets can you get out of a bottle of Gelish?

Im just trying to work out what I should be charging roughly.

Also, how are you all that already use it, selling it to clients? Are they wanting it?

Im a bit cautious as don't want to buy it then no-one want it :)

Whats not to want for a client?
With any of these new hybrid gel/polish products for me the main selling point is NO DRYING TIME!! What client wouldn't want that?
Hit the salon , get some great colour on your nails, then head for the gym/bar/restaurant without having to worry about smudging your polish!!!

It is the dream product for techs and clients alike.

i think you can get 40 applications out of a bottle

selling point.....

semi permanent nail polish - hybrid of a gel and a polish
new innovation to the nail industry
no damage to nails before application or on removal - literally flakes off in 10 minutes!
adds strength to your nail
no dry time
super glossy finish
lasts up to 14 days

GREAT for holidays because you dont have to worry about your nails !

just some keywords there for you HTH

40 ! Is that 40 nails or 40 sets of nails?!!!!

Im so in love with it already and I havent even bought it yet :)

Sorry if this has been asked before. I now know the difference between Gelish and Shellac but, I still wonder how it compares to a gel system such as Bio Sculpture or Calgel?

40 ! Is that 40 nails or 40 sets of nails?!!!!

Im so in love with it already and I havent even bought it yet :)

Sets my darling sets! And if you think you are excited now then wait until you do buy some! I have had it from the very beginning and am even more excited by it now than I was then.

I am off to hospital tomorrow for some spinal surgery and will be out of action for 4 weeks. A lot of my acrylic clients have decided to have Gelish, natural look with Simply Sheer or Tassles or a french as this may be easier to maintain for that long but they liked it so much that some of them think they might keep it and get into the colours as well when I get back. I charge around the same for this as I do for an infill only difference is that the infill takes 3 times as long!! This products and the others like it are just so good for business! :green:

Sorry if this has been asked before. I now know the difference between Gelish and Shellac but, I still wonder how it compares to a gel system such as Bio Sculpture or Calgel?

It compares to Bio & Calgel the same as Shellac does. HTH

2nd generation gels like bio, calgel, akzents options, le chat, nsi etc are;
applied with an artists paintbrush and the colours come in a pot,
application is thicker
gel is stronger
removal takes longer

I am being Gelished ! :)

Will be here tomorrow - CAN NOT WAIT !

nail harmony are the suppliers in the uk and they are very helpful and take time to answer anything you may need to ask fast delivery excellent service fab fab company

Latest posts

Back