Gelish Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glome

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently started in the beauty business. After taking the plunge at starting with Eyelash Extensions (which I love doing) I have deicded I want to start offering a fuller package to my clients. I have been looking in to a lot of different courses but the one I can't seem to find is a course for Gelish Nails. I don't have any qualifications in nails at this time and I don't want to learn how to do acrylic, just Gelish.
Can anyone recommend a course to go on?

I'm very passionate about getting in to beauty now and want to succeed inthis business...I just wish I started sooner!

If you can recommend any other courses, that would be great.

Thanks for reading
Lisa

Hey.im qualified nail tech for 4 years, and can tell u what u dont need to do course for gelac, shellac or other uv varnishes, its very sipmle to use, all what u need base, finish and white. put base, avoid cuticles , coz they can lift if gelac will get on them, put white and cover with finish, all layers cure in uv lamp... also under finish u can drop some glitter, if u will feel it after, buff nails and cover with finish again

Go into your local Sally salon services as the gelish courses are ran through them. Im not sure if you need to be qualified in manicures prior to doing it though!

Ive just booked on the Gelish course at Sallys because my Insurance Company want to see my certificate before im covered, Sallys advised you do need a manicure certificate.

Actually, to purchase Shellac from licensed distributors such as Sweet Squared, you must show nail professional credentials.

Thank you ladies. So by the sound of it I need to do a M&P course before doing the Gelish nail course?
Can anyone recommend a M&P course...I live in Reading?

Thanks again

To use Shellac you have to hold a manicure qualification and we advice you to do the Shellac class its not pricey and you learn all about the product and correct application and removal.

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Hi,

I have recently started in the beauty business. After taking the plunge at starting with Eyelash Extensions (which I love doing) I have deicded I want to start offering a fuller package to my clients. I have been looking in to a lot of different courses but the one I can't seem to find is a course for Gelish Nails. I don't have any qualifications in nails at this time and I don't want to learn how to do acrylic, just Gelish.
Can anyone recommend a course to go on?

I'm very passionate about getting in to beauty now and want to succeed inthis business...I just wish I started sooner!

If you can recommend any other courses, that would be great.

Thanks for reading
Lisa

Hi Lisa
I understand your not interested in anything but Gelish, I am a Gelish lover but really to atleast get certified in Mani & Pedi would be very benefical for your buisness as you say your passionate about your biz which is great :) It's so good for your clients to know you have quals in what you love doing....and beleive me the more services you can offer your clients, the more you can earn :) Food for thought :)
Good Luck and enjoy your courses :)
Michelle :)

Nail harmony uk do gelish 101 introductory courses that cover manicure and pedicure basics as well as gelish, a 3 day course that will allow you to get insurance.

Thank you ladies. So by the sound of it I need to do a M&P course before doing the Gelish nail course?
Can anyone recommend a M&P course...I live in Reading?

Thanks again

Harmony do Introduction Courses for all systems including Gelish as someone else has mentioned. Our Educator for Berkshire is Catherine and can be contacted at [email protected]

Thank you all again, after taking in to account a lot of the comments I have decided to go ahead with the Harmony Training Course, it is a little over my budget, but I suppose you get what you pay for! I will also have the basics for Medi & Pedi's.
I have now spoken with Catherine (who has been very helpful) and can't wait to get started.
Thanks
Lisa

Latest posts

Back