Gelish help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnieElizabeth

Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I am very new to this site so bear with me.
Basically, I am trained in Gelish Manicure and have been for a couple of months now. I have preformed Gelish on around 20 customers (approx) My first Gelish client came back just after a week saying the Gel polish was peeling so of course I told her to pop back in and ill sort it for her. As you can imagine, this slightly disheartened me as Im a real perfectionist when it comes to doing treatments. So I got intouch with the lady who trained me and she said make sure you are capping! Since then I have mad sure that i Cap and ive watched several videos on youtube to make sure im doing everything right. Since then (barring in mind im still capping) ive had another 3 clients come back! But ive also had a few people saying that they are brilliant! So at the moment as you can imagine im slightly ticked of with the Gelish that isnt really working which is causing me to give out freebies :( Could it be the product or is it just me :( Please Help!!! :cry:

Hi,

I am new to Gelish (starter kit) and normally use Bio Sculpture but thought I would give it a go to see what its all about!

I have mixed feelings about it.......I used in on my own nails and also capped them. They are quite long and have had it on for a week at the moment with no problems at all. However, I used it on one of my friends and within 2 days she reported chipping at the free edge, she has very short nails as a netball player and I did find it a little difficult to cap properly. Could this be your problem too?

Now I'm not sure whether to use it or just stick to Bio sculpture!

Sam

Some people can't wear gel polish of any kind - due to oily nails. flakey nails etc. and you never truely know what customers are getting up to - I have some swear blind they don't pick etc. and then further down the line they go on to tell me that they are really heavy on their hands and can never keep polish on for long due to chipping!!! I obviously find this out several freebies/cheaper treatments down the line!!! grrrrr

Don't de disheartened - just know that you are doing 100% correct procedures and you know then that it isn't anything you are doing but more the client and their nails/finger useage!!

Hey Sam!
It has crossed my mind that it could be because they were short and I find it so much easier doing Gelish on clients with longer nails. But then one of the other clients came back who had long lovely nails so I just dont know :cry:

Thank Sarah! I feel so much better about it! When I had the training it was made clear to me that no matter how heavy you are on your hands and if you use strong cleaning substances ect Gelish is the perfect Manicure for heavy handed people! But I dont know if thats just a sales pitch?:irked: Also i understand some clients will say anything to get a few freebies in life :lick: Do you find certain colours are more of a problem than others? x

It is really important that you do not over-hype any colour coat system to your clients with promises that can't be kept.

The truth is that any of the colour coat systems out there will only last as long as the client takes some care and pays some attention to them at home.

These colour coats are part of a manicure .. they are not enhancements that you can just throw anything at and they will last. A colour coat certainly should last longer than a traditional manicure and many ladies with nice strong nails will go for 2-3 weeks with a flawless manicure and be delighted .... others will trash your work just like they trash anything.

You can't guarantee to anyone that a UV colour coat of any kind will last the same for every client ... clients differ and if you say something will last 2-3 weeks and it doesn't, then you have given them every reason to complain to you if they don't.

My stock answer to any client when they ask me, "How long will my nails last?" (whether it be enhancements or Shellac or polish) is, "They will last well and for a reasonable amount of time if you take care of them and treat them kindly and use your Solar Oil daily." For some that could be a week, for others 2-3 weeks, it all depends on them and the condition of their nails to start with.

If a client has damaged nails to begin with I tell them straight out that their manicure will not last the same as it will on healthy undamaged nails. No surprises then either for them or for me and no freebies.

Last edited:
Thankyou Geeg.
Some really helpful information there! It's all about the clients expectations. Thanks again xxxx thank god I found salongeek x

You can't guarantee to anyone that a UV colour coat of any kind will last the same for every client ... clients differ and if you say something will last 2-3 weeks and it doesn't, then you have given them every reason to complain to you if they don't.

My stock answer to any client when they ask me, "How long will my nails last?" (whether it be enhancements or Shellac or polish) is, "They will last well and for a reasonable amount of time if you take care of them and treat them kindly and use your Solar Oil daily." For some that could be a week, for others 2-3 weeks, it all depends on them and the condition of their nails to start with.

If a client has damaged nails to begin with I tell them straight out that their manicure will not last as it would on healthy undamaged nails. No surprises then either for them or for me and no freebies.

Wonderful advice

Hi Annie,

I have to agree with you and thank geeg also for all the useful info. This site is great and wish I'd found it a lot earlier!

Good luck! :)

Sam

I have been doing Gelish for well over a year.I tell all my clients it can last up to 4weeks but that everyone is different. I have one client NOTHING lasts on....reg polish,gelish,acrylics nothing.but I also have clients that gelish lasts 4+weeks....even though it grown out.

I had always had Bio on my nails when I decided to try Gelish. Was really disappointed first couple of times I tried it, chips and didn't feel very strong, but then I discovered Structure Gel - since using this I have never had any problems.

Bio gives you strength, Gelish is a Gel Polish but with Structure Gel does give some strength. I haven't used Bio on my nails for months now and I am trying to get my Bio clients to give Gelish a go as well. Some love it already, some want to stick with Bio - different nails, different products!!

Jo xx
Hi,

I am new to Gelish (starter kit) and normally use Bio Sculpture but thought I would give it a go to see what its all about!

I have mixed feelings about it.......I used in on my own nails and also capped them. They are quite long and have had it on for a week at the moment with no problems at all. However, I used it on one of my friends and within 2 days she reported chipping at the free edge, she has very short nails as a netball player and I did find it a little difficult to cap properly. Could this be your problem too?

Now I'm not sure whether to use it or just stick to Bio sculpture!

Sam

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your input. I think you are right some products suit others and others don't!
I will keep trying it on my friend and myself as its early days yet and see how it goes before deciding whether to offer this alongside Bio.

Sam x :)

Latest posts

Back