Gelish help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holch85

Reaction score
My gel nails always chip or peel off , I dehydrate the nail and use gelish products and it still happens ? Any tips

Oh I also cap the edge x

What lamp are you using? x

Gelish lamp x

18g, 5-45 etc? What are your curing times?

Could be caused by a number of things,
Under curing, foundation applied too thick, colour applied too thick, clients being too heavy handed, prep not thorough enough, hand placement in your lamp. x

Last edited:
If the gel is peeling, this could be either under curing OR, your buffer may have lost it's grit and you are actually smoothing the nail too much.
Chipping - be sure your free edge capping is not too thick or 'bulging' or as cheekychick mentioned, your prep may need reviewing.

Scrubbing the base coat in can help if you haven't tried that :)

Thank you I will try all of the above , I never have the problem on toes always hands x

Check that the client has her hand flat in the lamp. Clients often "clench" in the lamp and the light doesn't hit the surfaces properly.

How do you prep atm?

I do everything , I tend to the cuticles I file , I dehydrate the nail x

Chipping or peeling off is odd if your prep is sound. If you are using the whole gelish range and doing thorough prep, aside from the advice the ladies dropped I say ensure the nail plate is squeeky clean, free of natural oils, and any cuticle remover. Using an oil free soap for your clients to wash your hands before you start service, making sure you use a manicure brush with some nail surface cleanse to clean off filling debris and finally scrub the nails with cleanse again and a nail pad before you use gelish pH bond. That's my only two cents here. ‍♀️

I use gelish all the time with no problems.

I file and shape, push back cuticles with metal pusher and trim dry cuticle with cuticle nippers. I then buff and give the nails a good clean with scrub fresh or any gel prep. I then use the ph bonder and apply the base, colour coats and top then wipe off the excess.

When I first used gelish I found it super easy to put it on way too thick! Make sure your first layer is almost see through and the same for your second coat

Latest posts

Back