Gelish, how to apply to nail wheel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdoran

Reaction score
I brought these colours from nail harmony which seemed to take forever to come, and when I try to put them on my nail wheel they're just wiping straight off , I read that you buff the nail and then put colour and top coat, ive tried it this way, and I also tried it with foundation? Please can someone help me out?

picture ^

Attachments

• 1441813231695.jpg
    1441813231695.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 177
Where did you buy them from ? I just do 2 colour coats then TIO and they're fine. Are you curing for the correct time ? What lamp are you using ?

How long are you curing for?

nail harmony , and curing them as ive been trained 45seconds per layer, and the lamp that came with the training kit a small one with just a 45second button on it

Sorry just seen you brought your gelish from nail harmony [emoji85]it's been a long day !

I use the 18g lamp so not familiar with the smaller one maybe cheeky chick can help? Sounds like it's a curing issue tho .

the lady on nail harmony said she couldnt understand why, im really annoyed now ): x

I got mine off ebay and my nail harmony polishes go on fine. I put foundation on, 2 colour layers and top coat so there shiny. Also got a bigger lamp however.

Attachments

• 2015-09-08 22.21.18.jpg
    2015-09-08 22.21.18.jpg
    906.2 KB · Views: 122
oh thats strange, if its not the lamp maybe its the actual colour wheel. maybe the factory they came from had some kind of coating on the wheel...try swiping the nail pops with prep (acetone /alcohol) first. don't waste foundation / base coat as this isn't necessary for applying to plastics.

Other than that can only think the lamp bulbs are not directly over the wheel. does it have a timer / sensor in the lamp? putting a weighty object into the lamp with the wheel (like a clean pebble) might trip the sensor to stay on!

ive tried to wipe it , ive also tried giving it a buff before i apply as well. and its a timer which i put on fo 45 seconds, and ive also tried it on my thumb nail. if that helps

Is it wiping off your thumb nail? X

Is it wiping off your thumb nail? X
If yes - then check the bulbs inside are all coming on, if no then contact your gelish supplier. If its just the colour wheel curing problem theres other tips if you use the search function on here :) Good luck

it is coming straight of my thumb k tried it on my mums a full set n half of them wiped of or it looked like chipped nail polish. and jenny... excuse me but Im not stupid ive looked on here. that's why I put a status no need to be sarcastic

it is coming straight of my thumb k tried it on my mums a full set n half of them wiped of or it looked like chipped nail polish. and jenny... excuse me but Im not stupid ive looked on here. that's why I put a status no need to be sarcastic

It definitely sounds like a curing issue to me, Give nail harmony a call and they should be able to help. x

Oh no! Is your lamp new??

In no way was Jenny being sarcastic to you.

Wow how rude are you!

Im not really quite sure where in Jenny's post she was implying you were stupid or she was being sarcastic? Anyway though, if its also coming off actual nails, it must be an issue with your light not curing correctly. Im assuming from your post the Gelish you are using is new? It could also be a bad batch but would be strange if all the ones you ordered are dodgy, also even if it was the Gelish that was the problem, I would have thought they would still actually cure, just maybe shrink really badly or crack etc. Most likely your light if it is not curing whatsoever; phone Nail Harmony back [emoji4]x

oh gosh sorry i didn't mean to offend you OP! its just i was stating the obvious trying to think out loud the steps you have taken to troubleshoot, didnt mean to sound sarcastic - lost in translation!

my suggestion of a pebble to trick the lamp on might not be the most relevant to your lamp, that's why i suggested the search function as theres many more tips on here curing colour pops.

anyway it appears to be a lamp problem as the product is not curing on your thumb either.

If you post a photo of your lamp here, maybe someone with the exact model can help

I know how frustrating it is to spend £££ on products and get them home and they don't work, sure we can get to the bottom of it x

Latest posts

Back