Gelish in a luxury pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
Hi geeks! I have a client wanting a luxury pedicure & Gelish on her toes, I've just started using Gelish & loving it so far. If I were doing a normal pedi I'd do the polishing right at the end of treatment, however as she would like Gelsh I'm wondering when to do this? I was thinking normal Gelish procedure, prep work & application of Gelish then proceed onto soaking feet, scrub and so on???.......

How does everyone else do this? Obviously this would apply to luxury manicure aswell
Thank you xx

cuticle care Etc first , then gelish application ,
Then the spa parts of the treatments

I did my first gelish cnd spa manicure recently and it went really well. Basically do everything you would do in a gelish - I used cuticle away instead of dry pep as it was a spa - so full works. Then all the spa bit afterwards.

Good luck you will be fine

xx

I do all the spa bits first and the gelish application last. By this time the client is nice and relaxed. I basically fo.llow what I do in a polish manicure, which is to do cuticlle work and polish last lol. I find that I don't need to use cuticle away as the client's feet would be nice and soft after the soak! So far, so good.

Hiya, I use another brand of gel polish and I also do gel pedis. I do the spa bit first, then I do nail cutting, cuticle prep, gel polish application and the massage at the end. As the gel polish is dry straight away it's not a prob to massage after application. This way I'm not massaging oil/creams around/into the nails before gel polish application and also the clients seem to like having the 'best bit' last. I'm not sure whether the not massaging before application or not will make a difference to the gel polish staying power, but this works for me and the gel polish always lasts well. :)

Jojo the way you are going to do it is correct for gelish as it has to be a dry prep as per the training & manufacturers instructions xx

Hiya, I use another brand of gel polish and I also do gel pedis. I do the spa bit first, then I do nail cutting, cuticle prep, gel polish application and the massage at the end. As the gel polish is dry straight away it's not a prob to massage after application. This way I'm not massaging oil/creams around/into the nails before gel polish application and also the clients seem to like having the 'best bit' last. I'm not sure whether the not massaging before application or not will make a difference to the gel polish staying power, but this works for me and the gel polish always lasts well. :)

Sounds good! I like the bet where you are doing the massage last.

I thought the general advice was to always do gelish/shellac first and anything else afterwards. This is the first I have heard of doing it the other way round. I thought water was to be avoided prior to shellac/gelish and what about scrubs and masques? Wouldnt that interfere with applying the gelish or shellac?

xx

Gelish needs to be done dry else it wont cure to the nail properly, so do dry prep apply gelish then soak mask massage etc after :) x

Thanks guys!! I thought to do Gelish first as it needs dry prep & wouldn't want to risk peeling or lifting etc!!!
Thanks for all your comments! Will be strange doing it the other way around as it is usually nice to finish off a beautiful pedi with beautiful polish!!
Xx

would it really matter what you do first...application on toes usually lasts for ages doesn't it lol. I like the idea of a reverse mani/pedi...sounds new and interesting to clients lol :) x

I was thinking normal Gelish procedure, prep work & application of Gelish then proceed onto soaking feet, scrub and so on???.......

How does everyone else do this? Obviously this would apply to luxury manicure aswell
Thank you xx

That is what I do for a gel pedicure. Do the polish first and the other steps after. I charge $10 extra, doesn't take me any more time, but it is more expensive product then regular polish and the use of the UV light. I also instruct to the client that they won't have as much soak time and most don't care. And I do the same steps for my manicures and charge the same.

Hiya, yes I read about the reverse method, but I didn't like the sounds of it, soaking after etc... especially when I do gel on toes as I would usually advise them not to go in a hot tub for 24 hours after gels and this would be akin to a foot spa I would think. So, basically when I started out I tried out my method on friends and family. No probs at all. almost 2 years later and this is method I use for all my clients and none of them have any probs at all, returning around week 8 for a redo with no lifting or chipping at all. So as it works for me, I'm not saying it's right, but I like it :o

This is what I do for a new gel/gelicure pedi:

-Sanitize feet then straight into footbath
-Few min soak while I get them a drinky.
-Then rasp and scrub one foot at a time
-Then out of the foot spa dry feet and onto my couch for the rest...
- Nail shape and cuticle tidy, and prep nails as per the system (gelicure or bio gel).
- I always give the nail plate a really thorough scrub over with product appropriate nail cleanser on a lint free wipe to clean/dry the nail
-Application of gel/gel polish
- Massage

This is slightly different to my classi pedi, in that I would usually cut toes/do cuticle work while their foot spa-ing and massage would be before polish (obviously)! But by doing the spa/rasp/scrub only, their feet are in water for less time. I always do my prep and application with them sat/reclining on my couch, comfy for them and kinder to my back!

Hope this is of use/interest :o

Hiya, yes I read about the reverse method, but I didn't like the sounds of it, soaking after etc... especially when I do gel on toes as I would usually advise them not to go in a hot tub for 24 hours after gels and this would be akin to a foot spa I would think. So, basically when I started out I tried out my method on friends and family. No probs at all. almost 2 years later and this is method I use for all my clients and none of them have any probs at all, returning around week 8 for a redo with no lifting or chipping at all. So as it works for me, I'm not saying it's right, but I like it :o

This is what I do for a new gel/gelicure pedi:

-Sanitize feet then straight into footbath
-Few min soak while I get them a drinky.
-Then rasp and scrub one foot at a time
-Then out of the foot spa dry feet and onto my couch for the rest...
- Nail shape and cuticle tidy, and prep nails as per the system (gelicure or bio gel).
- I always give the nail plate a really thorough scrub over with product appropriate nail cleanser on a lint free wipe to clean/dry the nail
-Application of gel/gel polish
- Massage

This is slightly different to my classi pedi, in that I would usually cut toes/do cuticle work while their foot spa-ing and massage would be before polish (obviously)! But by doing the spa/rasp/scrub only, their feet are in water for less time. I always do my prep and application with them sat/reclining on my couch, comfy for them and kinder to my back!

Hope this is of use/interest :o

Thanks for your advice!! Your pedi sounds lovely. I may try both ways to see what works for me!! Wouldn't do for us all to like the same anyhow!!
Xx

would it really matter what you do first...application on toes usually lasts for ages doesn't it lol. I like the idea of a reverse mani/pedi...sounds new and interesting to clients lol :) x
Yes , nails are pours , they do soak up the lotions and potions ,

Interesting read guys the spa I worked in we never do a foot soak with gels. All prep done first polish applied then everything else. Not sure what’s the right way now c

I do the same as you and never had issues. Your right, finishing with the massage is best for the client.

Latest posts

Back