Gelish layers, when are there too many?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzanne20f

Reaction score
I was wondering if when is too many layers. For instance, to make a neon 'pop' we put white underneath, usually two layers so it doesnt look stripey, so base, 2 white layers, 2 colour layers (then some when a layer of glitter) then top coat. Is this too many? We do super thin layers of colours, but in this case, with potentially 7 layers, is this just asking for trouble?

I find sometimes if I'm doing particular nails, then you do end up having to have a few coats, especially if you then doing Ombrés and etc. I think as long you keep it nice and thin and your prep is thorough, it should be fine? I've never had any problem with any of my clients losing nails because they've had more layers xx

💕💅 Keep calm and make 'em Gelish 💅💕

I find that if you do too many layers on a natural nail it will chip more than it would normally.
I only work with natural nails now though after 16 years of dealing primarily with enhancements

Sent from the catphone

I believe it was an Artistic Colour Gloss or Gelish class that I attended, and someone had asked the instructor that very question - "what is the maximum number of layers of gel polish on a nail that is advisable. The instructor said 7 layers would be about the max you should apply to one nail.

Latest posts

Back