Gelish LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams.nails

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if the Led lamp cures shellac as well as gelish as i was just about to buy one but it occured to me i don't want a LED lamp and a UV lamp on my desk lol.

No, only the new Shellac lamp or the old Brisa lamp cures Shellac.

Last edited:
eh? do you mean only cures shellac? cos the uv lamp does cure gelish but i want to know if it would also cure shellac?

The LED light is of course for Gelish, doubt very much it would work with Shelac, although I have not tried. One thing I would say tho , the LED lamp is so teeny & light it's dead easy to store when not in use, I only get mine out when I need it (lovin it too!)

I know it's a pain having all these different lamps around, but you have to have the correct one for the job. If you want to cure Shellac, you have to have one of the two lamps that will do this (made a mistake in my earlier post so have edited it).

Apparently any 36 watt lamp will cure Gelish, but the speed of the LED is a bonus.

No! The Gelish LED lamp will only cure gels that have been formulated to cure with LED. :green:

ok everyone thanks thats great, think i will get the lamp and have both, didnt realise it was so little. Thankyou

Little in size which makes up for NOT being little in cost...:cry:

hi can you let me know the ifo for the code please

LED lamps should cure most if not all soak-offs. A Gelish lamp cures Shellac. But why pay so much? I bought one on Ebay which is a wonderful. Go to Ebay and write LED NAIL LAMP. There is a beautiful croissant design, perfect for the hands or rather the fingers fanned out. Do not pay excessive amounts for particular brands. LED is LED and cures all the LED gels!!!

LED lamps should cure most if not all soak-offs. A Gelish lamp cures Shellac. But why pay so much? I bought one on Ebay which is a wonderful. Go to Ebay and write LED NAIL LAMP. There is a beautiful croissant design, perfect for the hands or rather the fingers fanned out. Do not pay excessive amounts for particular brands. LED is LED and cures all the LED gels!!!

It may look like your Gelish lamp cures Shellac, but this is a recent post by Gigi on this subject:

You can only guarantee a complete cure of Shellac with the CND lamp which has been designed just for CND Shellac and Brisa Gels

It might look like another lamp has cured Shellac but it might not be a full cure and you could have problems later on - not good when clients are expecting a premium product.

Think you'll find you have got that the wrong way round.
LED WILL NOT CURE ALL SOAK OFF GELS
Shellac lamp will cure Gelish but not the other way round.

It is also very easy to make clients allergic to products by not using them properly, which would be your fault & very thoughtless towards the client.

I think you will find your insurance wont cover you either.

I would be livid to find out someone calling themselves a professional & charging professional prices had made me permanently allergic to gels because they were cheapskates.

OH HELL ! so i literally just got the LED lamp this week and have been using it on all of my gel clients... GELERATION,SHELLAC AND GELISH..I had no idea it wouldnt work with shellac.. it does dry it but what will the end result be? less wear time? i would be very disappointed if it only works with gelish....anyone???????

OH HELL ! so i literally just got the LED lamp this week and have been using it on all of my gel clients... GELERATION,SHELLAC AND GELISH..I had no idea it wouldnt work with shellac.. it does dry it but what will the end result be? less wear time? i would be very disappointed if it only works with gelish....anyone???????

Did someone tell you it would work with Shellac?

End result could be less wear time or cause the client over exposure due to the product not being fully cured.

i just figured it would work, my bad for not researching it better...i guess all i can do now is wait to see what happens and hope they make it at least 10 days :(

i just figured it would work, my bad for not researching it better...i guess all i can do now is wait to see what happens and hope they make it at least 10 days :(

The thing is though, even if it looks ok you don't know for sure how the product is underneath. You need to use a CND lamp to ensure Shellac is fully cured.

The only solution is to use 2 lamps.

Think you'll find you have got that the wrong way round.
LED WILL NOT CURE ALL SOAK OFF GELS
Shellac lamp will cure Gelish but not the other way round.

It is also very easy to make clients allergic to products by not using them properly, which would be your fault & very thoughtless towards the client.

I think you will find your insurance wont cover you either.

I would be livid to find out someone calling themselves a professional & charging professional prices had made me permanently allergic to gels because they were cheapskates.

A Gelish LED lamp WILL CURE Shellac (and I have a list of more, just ask me and I will let you know). LED is LED, same as UV is UV (which damages the skin, same as being exposed to the sun); the same way, your wet gels can be cured by exposure to the sun. You can go to a disco with your gels wet and if there are LED lights, they will be cured!! It is not that I want to do any of those. Find on Ebay more economical and as good versions of LEDs. The ones sold in Canada for CAD400 (£251.575 TODAY!!!) are being sold on Ebay for £170.

Did someone tell you it would work with Shellac?

End result could be less wear time or cause the client over exposure due to the product not being fully cured.

Darling it will work with Shellac. Remember that LED is LED and Shellac cured with LED. Call them for the times according with the power of your lamp is it 45W or 12W? 10W? 9W??

Shellac cures with uv. (cnd lamp or brisa) Gelish can be cured with led or uv. Geleration can be uv or led cured.

It's all a little easier if we follow what we are properly taught and follow manufacturer instruction.

eBay is a great place. But I will not use it for professional products/equipment to be used on my clients. No thankyou.

Latest posts

Back