Gelish lifting/chipping 😭

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach_267

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been doing gel nails for 3 and a half years with almost no issues. Recently I’m getting lots of customers with chipping/lifting after just a few days! I don’t know what I’m doing wrong 😫I don’t think over changed anything I do. I prep the nail, cleanse thoroughly, dehydrate, foundation, 2 thin coats of colour, top coat then use cuticle oil. I’m very careful to cap the free edge. I recently replaced my lamp as I thought that could be the issue. Please help! I don’t know what else to try 🙈Thank you 😊

Hey everyone, I have been doing gel nails for 3 and a half years with almost no issues. Recently I’m getting lots of customers with chipping/lifting after just a few days! I don’t know what I’m doing wrong 😫I don’t think over changed anything I do. I prep the nail, cleanse thoroughly, dehydrate, foundation, 2 thin coats of colour, top coat then use cuticle oil. I’m very careful to cap the free edge. I recently replaced my lamp as I thought that could be the issue. Please help! I don’t know what else to try 🙈Thank you 😊

Are you using the correct lamp for the gel system, or a generic one?

Hi ! Are you using the Gelish lamp?

Are you using the correct lamp for the gel system, or a generic one?
I must admit I’m using a generic lamp 😬however I have been for the last 3 and a half years with no issue 🤔the gelish one is just so expensive. Whilst I believe in investing in a good brand, it’s so much money 😱

I must admit I’m using a generic lamp 😬however I have been for the last 3 and a half years with no issue 🤔the gelish one is just so expensive. Whilst I believe in investing in a good brand, it’s so much money 😱

You may believe you’ve had no problems to using a generic lamp to date, but at the same time, without using the Gelish lamp, there are no guarantees that the gel has been cured correctly. You may also inadvertently have introduced the possibility of allergic reactions, and breached the terms of your insurance cover by not following the correct procedures.

Whilst the Gelish lamp may appear to be expensive in comparison with the alternatives, it’s a false economy in the long run and you’d be better off making a proper investment for proper results 😉

Hi, I have changed products and use to use gelish, I have a nearly new gelish 18g lamp if you are interested in buying?

Latest posts

Back