Gelish Magneto, is there a knack ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejoel14

Reaction score
Have just bought a gelish magneto and so far not getting much of an effect is there a special knack as i am dying to offer it to my clients. Ant tips or advice would be great

speed !
make the pattern and freeze cure quick to keep it sharp.

its the pattern thats the problem dont seem to be getting much of one

do you have the magnet ?
do a layer , cure
another layer hold over the magnet for about 5 - 10 secnds then cure

Which colour are you trying? I had no pattern or very poor with the silver, but the purple one is excellent result every time xx

yes i have the magnet and yes i have only the silver colour was going to purchase the rest but i am a bit disappointed with the effect

I find with the silver you need to hold the magnet as close as possible without actually touching and hold it longer than the other colours, for about 15-20 seconds. hth x

thanks that has helped

I find with the silver you need to hold the magnet as close as possible without actually touching and hold it longer than the other colours, for about 15-20 seconds. hth x

I found that too, they need longer than stated, trial and error for all until you have it perfected. I practiced on a nail pop.

I have all the Nails Inc magnetic nail polishes and they are amazing. The patterns are really prominent. The polish is that good it lasts for over a week, however I apply ManiQ Top Coat over it to give it that gel polish look which lasts the 14 days. Also it's so easy to do, with great results. I won't be purchasing the Gelish as I'm delighted with this, plus it's a lot cheaper to do. The finish is amazing.

OMG I just watched that video on youtube and WOW that is one amazing technique....love it.

Sorry I couldn't help

I know it's a silly question but where are you holding the magnet? I only ask as I originally held it at the end (doh) but you hover it above the whole nail (horizontally). X

I know it's a silly question but where are you holding the magnet? I only ask as I originally held it at the end (doh) but you hover it above the whole nail (horizontally). X

There is a little edge bit on the magnet (if you get what I mean, it sticks out from the rest of the magnet) that bit rests on the base of the clients nail so you can hover over the nail easier because you are leaning the magnet on the finger. Hope that makes sense!! :(

thanks that has helped
China Glaze has a U-Shaped Flat magnet. It has 3 patterns, a Star, Sideway stripe & a Deep V (similar to the pattern from Gelish only closer lines, its better) I think it's much easier to use than the Gelish Magneto cap. I bought mine at local beauty supply for under $5, assuming China Glaze would have available online? With wide or very deep curved nail beds the pattern doesn't do as well. In that case, you can do 1/2 of the nail, then move magnet to the other side, doing the other 1/2 nail it works Great! If you mess up with the gel polish pattern, you can re-do it easily, lightly brush polish over top & use magnet again. (make sure you're not applying more polish - brushing the current polish) I apply gel polish to whole hand & then do pattern. (These 2 tricks don't work as well with the regular Lacquers nail polish, they start drying too fast) I love the Red, Brown & Blue, would like to get the Purple. I agree with the statement made the silver / gray doesn't work as well, go figure? Good Luck! Lynne

Last edited:
I have the blue Gelish Magnetico - Inseparable Forces. I found that it gave a better effect when you hold the magnet down the side of the nail so the waves go down the length of the nail making it look longer.

When I hovered over the top the pattern didn't go all the way down at the side.

The client needs to be reminded to keep her finger still as they keep trying to see what you are doing & end up touching the magnet with the nail.

I'm very pleased with the results. The client I did last night text this morning to say she had already had 5 people comment on them.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336244515.462487.jpg
Mine arrived yesterday and this is my first set I loved the effect. I did one nail at a time and then cured all 5 fingers. Hovered the magnet really close and it did almost straight away.

View attachment 14764
Mine arrived yesterday and this is my first set I loved the effect. I did one nail at a time and then cured all 5 fingers. Hovered the magnet really close and it did almost straight away.

I love watching the client's face...it's like magic to them!;)

Has anyone tried layering with magnetos for different colour affects?? I have electric metal lover & drawn together...suggestions please

assuming you put the magneto colour on the top

Hi
I have the gold and as previous posters have said you need to hover the magnet as close to the nail as possible placing the black curved area just behind the cuticle for 15-20 secs not 5-10 it will make a big difference to the pattern standing out. Hth'sImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344199918.643151.jpg

Latest posts

Back