Gelish matte top it off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BohoBeauty

Reaction score
Hello all!

I’m frantically searching the internet to see if anybody is having the same problem as me with Gelish matte top it off...clearly not because I can’t find a thing!

I’ve only tried this product on myself and on 1 client as I have lost all confidence in it. I find it chips very easily. I use it in exactly the same fashion as original top it off (with absolutely no issues). I love this product and would love to use it more!

Any ideas where I may be going wrong!?!

I have had exactly the same problem! Found some info from another nail tech that said put a normal glossy top it off top coat on first, then the matte on top of that. Apparently seems to help x

Thank you so much! That’s really helpful, I will give that a go x
I have had exactly the same problem! Found some info from another nail tech that said put a normal glossy top it off top coat on first, then the matte on top of that. Apparently seems to help x
ank

Thank you so much! That’s really helpful, I will give that a go x

ank
No problem! Hope it works - I haven't tried it yet.. But apparently the matte topcoat is notorious for chipping and not lasting as long as shiny top it off [emoji21][emoji17]

I have tried OPI and Gelish matte gel top coats. I didn’t like either of them because they didn’t stay matte. I ordered the matte top coat from Wildflowers Nails. It. Is. Amazing!!!!! It stays matte until my clients return. I mostly use it over acrylics, so I’m not sure how how it would wear over a natural nail.

A Spanish colleague taught me a trick for the perfect matte finish on gel polish. Do a double top coat, and then take a pink block (or a very worn white block) and give the top coat a gentle buff. Works a treat!

A Spanish colleague taught me a trick for the perfect matte finish on gel polish. Do a double top coat, and then take a pink block (or a very worn white block) and give the top coat a gentle buff. Works a treat!

That’s interesting! I will definetly try, thank you!

I have tried OPI and Gelish matte gel top coats. I didn’t like either of them because they didn’t stay matte. I ordered the matte top coat from Wildflowers Nails. It. Is. Amazing!!!!! It stays matte until my clients return. I mostly use it over acrylics, so I’m not sure how how it would wear over a natural nail.
Yes you're right, it doesn't stay matte either! [emoji853] I'll try the Wildflowers one as well, thanks [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back