Gelish nails chipping?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophiechap

Reaction score
One clients experience chipping 5 days after having gelish done, most get 2-3 weeks or at least 10 days, I have given solar oil and after care advice and she’s said she’s followed it but from this picture does it look like oil is being used? I think they look very dry, I can’t think of what else it could be! Please help x

Attachments

• 8BF415F6-9B72-4D99-A3FE-CA7DD275A27E.jpeg
    8BF415F6-9B72-4D99-A3FE-CA7DD275A27E.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 52
Doesn’t look like she has been oiling to me.

In future try applying a little pro bond to the free edge before foundation. It helps clients who are prone to chipping. x

I thought so thank you for letting me know! She’s a Personal trainer and does a lot of boot camps etc, do you think this would affect her nails? How do I apply the pro bond, is it to free edge only or can it be the whole nail? Also would I need to cure it? X

Free edge only as it will make removal difficult otherwise. And no need to cure. x

I thought so thank you for letting me know! She’s a Personal trainer and does a lot of boot camps etc, do you think this would affect her nails? How do I apply the pro bond, is it to free edge only or can it be the whole nail? Also would I need to cure it? X

I’ve had this problem with a client before. She was heavily into working out, we came to the conclusion her gel polish chipping was caused by boxercise due to the gloves she wore, she also used a load of alcohol gel on her hands after lifting weights, using spinning bikes etc. She applied oil only once per day as well which absolutely did not help! She was very understanding and eventually got that lifestyle factors DO effect the longevity of any nail polish- not just gel. If yr application is spot on then 99% of times it’s due to not following correct aftercare. X

It’s so frustrating
I’ve had this problem with a client before. She was heavily into working out, we came to the conclusion her gel polish chipping was caused by boxercise due to the gloves she wore, she also used a load of alcohol gel on her hands after lifting weights, using spinning bikes etc. She applied oil only once per day as well which absolutely did not help! She was very understanding and eventually got that lifestyle factors DO effect the longevity of any nail polish- not just gel. If yr application is spot on then 99% of times it’s due to not following correct aftercare. X
it’s so frustrating! Did you find a solution for it? X

Latest posts

Back