Gelish newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkfairy

Reaction score
Evening all, I've never posted in the nail forum before, so I'm looking forward to getting to know you lot :)

Anyway, I'm doing my Gelish training tomorrow and I haven't bought any kit yet. I was wondering how many colours would be the minimum that I could have, as obviously I want all of them but I haven't won the lottery yet lol.
I was thinking colours for French definitely, but what else would you suggest? Are any of them trickier to use than others?

Thank you in advance :) x

Hi when I did mine I took French as you'll learn that and passion as I love the colour :) was told to just take those 3 x

Hi when I did mine I took French as you'll learn that and passion as I love the colour :) was told to just take those 3 x

Thank you, I think I'll definitely order French colours tomorrow. We dont actually need to bring anything with us as we're using the tutors kit.
I hope I get a lot of business from doing Gelish but at the same time I can't afford to invest in lots of colours straight away x

If you take a look at the thread on here - The good, the bad and the ugly... Gelish colours - you will have lots of pages to read on what others say are their best colours and not so great ones, it really is worth a read and will help you to pick up on the most popular colours.

As summer is coming up I would say definitely get Gossip Girl, its a lovely bright pink and has been very popular with my ladies, along with Passion and Tiger Blossom x

Oh and I forgot to say to get a glitter, Vegas Nights its a lovely one which is really popular, some of my clients have a glitter over every colour they have so it really is a must x

Thank you kattyj that's really helpful :) I'll definitely read that thread, I'm sure I'll be reading through all of the Gelish threads after my training tomorrow x

After regretting my first choices I would say defo get colors for french, along with Black Shadow (Great for mixing with other colors to make darker and layering), a nude color (f.e. need a tan), a rich red color and a glitter one!!

Thank you for your reply :)
Sounds like a good combination of colours to start off with.

I've had to cancel my training today as my little boy is ill :( x

Latest posts

Back