Gelish not curing, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilytalbot

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have done a set of nails on one of my friends and they are fine but never last very well
The last set I did was fine apart from her middle finger didn't cure properly despite having longer than required under the LED lamp. I have done another set on her tonight and the same thing has happened. I did the gelish and did some konad stamping when I cleansed the top coat it wiped the stamping off and made the nail dull. All other nails have cured fine. I used genuine gelish ad a gelish led 18g lamp. It's been the same finger both times. Please help

Led bulbs might cure faster but there range is less, the nails need to be almost totally under the bulb for it to hit the right spot , so longer fingers or nails that are not directly under will often not be fully cured at the free edge.

I have this sometimes too, I think it's from the client not putting hand in the lamp properly. I ask them to push top of their palm (where fingers end) to the silver lip and this usually sorts it :) xxx

I have this sometimes too, I think it's from the client not putting hand in the lamp properly. I ask them to push top of their palm (where fingers end) to the silver lip and this usually sorts it :) xxx

Yes I'd also say the problem is hand placement in the lamp. I like to be able to see about 1" of thumb cleavage (IYKWIM) when the client's hand is in the 18g lamp and it is closed. Sometimes clients put their hands in slightly at an angle too. I ask them to keep their hand still and I move the lamp.

Hands in and flat. X

If its mainly her middle finger then it's her hand is too far into the lamp so she's not getting a proper cure from the led light. As mentioned above the thumb cleavage (if that's what we call it) is what I like to see as the hand goes in xx

Thanks everyone, it's so weird that it only happens on the one hand but will try repositioning the lamp next time x

I've been having problems with gelish often lifting off the nail in whole since using my new 18g lamp- could this be the same thing or something different?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I saw on here a little tip which i thought was great but havent done it yet myself.

Figure out where the best place is on the base plate, then glue little gemstones into where you want the fingers to be, so you can tell your clients, feel where the bumps are & then you know your in the right place.

Wonda, that's a really good tip.. I wonder if whoever suggested it, if they read this thread to take a pic and post it?xx

Sometimes it pays to go round to the other side to see where their hand is in the lamp.

This has just happened to me!! Couldn't figure out why the tip of her middle finger didn't cure properly - obviously only found out at the end when I went to wipe the inhibition layer from the tio.
Thanks to this thread I realised what was happening and quickly structure gelled a gem to the base plate. X

thumb cleavage!! brilliant!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back