Gelish not lasting on clients thumbs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexnailnewbie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have a client who originally came to me for a set of l&p with a Gelish overlay, she told me during her consultation that she had had difficulty getting her Gelish manicure (from a different tech) to last more than 2 days and that it always splits her thumb nails right down and the rest just peel off. I advised her that if correct preparation application and aftercare is followed that this shouldn't be the case. She came back a week ago for her maintenance on her l&p but had decided she wanted to give Gelish another go. Her enhancements were still perfect apart from the regrowth. Today i have heard from her (8 days on) her thumbs have split again so she has had to cut them down quite short, the rest are still perfect.
Also just to add i applied structure gel just for that added strength.
If anyone has any advive on what could be causing this i would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

I'd like to know too. I have a client who always presents with damaged thumb nails. I'm baffled!

Which lamp are you using? Are they getting the full cure? Seems strange that it would only be the thumbs with the problem.

Could it be thumb nail habit tic causing it themselves?

Does she wear pandora bracelets? A friend of mine used to take hers off every day & I was constantly repairing until she stopped taking it off so often. Now perfect thumbs!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Pandora bracelets are not made with perfect nails in mind are they!! Bloomin pain.

Thanks for reply's, i use the new 5:45 lamp, i dint have any trouble with any of my other clients. Also i asked and she does not wear a Pandora bracelet lol x

I always cure thumbs separately (together but not with fingers) so can sit flat x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back