Gelish not lasting on me, anyone else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj1

Reaction score
I usually do really well with the gelish on myself up until the last few applications. I am severly rough on my hands but they've always held up close to two weeks. Last application was 4 days and then both pointer fingers chipped, I repaired them and a day later one more chip in one of the pointers. Clients are all doing well, wondering if it's my bulbs. I mean I know they last a while mine haven't been replaced in a while but I don't use them too often, a few times a week.
It's so frustrating, I like having my nails done but that is ridicilous. I painted with polish yesterday and two chips on one hand today. :sad:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I dont know the answer but im having the same problem, mine used to last about 10 days and now my index finger and the one next to chips within a few days and I have to redo, im like you, they can chip the next day.

I am right handed so guessing this is the problem, I have the 18g lamp so not my bulbs, frustrating though isnt it!! x

It is frustrating isn't it..
How are your clients doing?

My clients are not experiencing any changes, they are all getting the same length of time as they always have, some get 2 weeks others go 3 or 4 weeks plus and I do have the odd client who chip a couple within a few days but they always have right from the start so nothing has changed for them x

Wouldn't taking Gelish off our clients affect our own Gelish? I'm constantly in acetone or nail varnish remover and no matter how careful I am, I always get in contact with my nails. Surely this would weaken the Gelish on our own nails? That's my theory anyway on why mine don't last. Just a thought.

I am severly rough on my hands but they've always held up close to two weeks. Last application was 4 days and then both pointer fingers chipped, I repaired them and a day later one more chip in one of the pointers. Clients are all doing well.

If you had a client with this problem (when all others were ok), we would all be saying "its the client and they need to look after their nails". You say yourself that you are rough on your hands. No gel polish is indestructible. As experts we need to treat our nails as we expect our clients to :hug:

Mine don't last that long either but I've got rubbish nails! I also think that using acetone all the time to soak the cotton wool to soak off clients doesn't help. Mine also sometimes look dull and the clients are always shiny after weeks and it annoys me but I think it's a combination of the acetone and also filing client's nails and buffing mine by accident! I've got the 18G so it's quick to repair mine and I just think it's a hazard of the job!

Do u find all clients last a minimum of 2 weeks? I've just had my client text that I done on 1st June (she was my first ever client) ask if she can book in again for tues 12th? She must be happy as she has rebooked and also booked in her mum and friend, but it just seemed a bit soon! Jut thought if text as she was my first client.....

Do u find all clients last a minimum of 2 weeks? I've just had my client text that I done on 1st June (she was my first ever client) ask if she can book in again for tues 12th? She must be happy as she has rebooked and also booked in her mum and friend, but it just seemed a bit soon! Jut thought if text as she was my first client.....

It depends very much on the quality of their nails & their lifestyle.

I have some clients that go 10 days ( which they think is great as it is 9 days more than they last with polish) & others who can go 6 weeks & still only come back due to the regrowth.

No one client is alike or should expect to be.

Latest posts

Back