Gelish on over 70's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if wearing Gelish regularly could cause nails to be dry and brittle on a client in their early 70's? I have no problem with my own nails or any of my other client's but this one client's nails seem to have become very dry and brittle and keep breaking since using Gelish.

She uses Solar Oil regularly so it isn't this. ??

Hi,

Does anyone know if wearing Gelish regularly could cause nails to be dry and brittle on a client in their early 70's? I have no problem with my own nails or any of my other client's but this one client's nails seem to have become very dry and brittle and keep breaking since using Gelish.

She uses Solar Oil regularly so it isn't this. ??

I originally used pure acetone to remove Gelish but found a couple of people gradually got very dry and weak nails. Since converting to the Nail Harmony remover it seems to have eradicated the problem. This just may be the cause but if you're using the remover already then maybe someone else might be able to shed some light on this

Hi,

Thanks for that, I have recently purchased some CND DSolve as I was told this is really good, so will see if this makes any difference over next few treatments.

Does anyone else have any views on this ?? x

I have several clients in this age bracket, all getting Gelish and they love it !
I have not had a problem like this, with any of them, well not those that use their Solar Oil ;)

Is your client on any medication that may affect her nails?

Well it's funny you should say that because she told me she had been admitted to hospital for a suspected Heart Attack, so maybe she has been put on some medication that could cause this, also she admitted that she went to France over Easter and forgot her Solar Oil !!

She said that her Daughter In Law used to do nails and told her that Gelish is really damaging as the nails can't breathe !!

I told her that Nails do not breathe and that if her nails continue to be bad, then maybe she should not have it any more.

Well it's funny you should say that because she told me she had been admitted to hospital for a suspected Heart Attack, so maybe she has been put on some medication that could cause this, also she admitted that she went to France over Easter and forgot her Solar Oil !!

She said that her Daughter In Law used to do nails and told her that Gelish is really damaging as the nails can't breathe !!

I told her that Nails do not breathe and that if her nails continue to be bad, then maybe she should not have it any more.

I love it when clients say that nails can't breathe. I always answer with "your nails dont have lungs" lol.

I love it when clients say that nails can't breathe. I always answer with "your nails dont have lungs" lol.

Skin breathes, it needs air for healing etc. but it doesn't have lungs...

Hi,
I have a number of clients over the age of 70 and one lovely client who is 82, and they wear Gelish. They also use a good quality cuticle oil - Harmony's Nourish Cuticle Oil or Solar Oil are both fab products. They do not have any problems with their nails or wearing Gelish.
There's a possibility, as her health is not so good, that may cause problems with her nails in general.
Just be sure to tell her to use her Solar oil DAILY and I'm sure she will be fine. The trouble is, we cannot follow our clients around 24/7 and make sure they are doing what we recommend they do.
As for her daughter-in-law ......well, you are right - our nails are not 'alive' and dont have lungs xxx

Thanks for all your advice :biggrin: xx

Latest posts

Back