Gelish on post acrylic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sofia_sparkle

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice from the more experienced gelishers....

I have a client this evening that has been using acrylics for quite some time, i've had a quick glance at them already (as she's my daughters teacher!) and I can see they are very thin and slightly brown in colour.

She wants them soaked off and gelish applied instead. I already tend to use a thin layer of structure gel between colour and TIO for added strength but wondered if maybe i should use 2 layers instead? And would i use them both in the same place ie. between colour and top?

Many thanks in advance :biggrin:

I would leave the acrylic on and just file it down fairly thin keeping it flush with the natural nail; use a bit of Structure at the regrowth and Gelish the whole thing. Allowing the acrylic to grow out on its' own. I have transitioned many clients this way with great success.

I would leave the acrylic on and just file it down fairly thin keeping it flush with the natural nail; use a bit of Structure at the regrowth and Gelish the whole thing. Allowing the acrylic to grow out on its' own. I have transitioned many clients this way with great success.

Great advice as I hate to take off L and P acrylic. I would think it would work for transitioning to hard gel? Any advice or tips? I've just starting using Young Nails Synergy. Jumping back into the game after a long time away.

Latest posts

Back