Gelish on short nails chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyk100

Reaction score
Hi

I've done a few sets of nails now and I've been wearing a colour for 2 weeks now but I have done a set of nails on my friend with the same colour but she had really soft nails and really short nails so I really struggled to seal the edges. I text'd her last night to see how they where as she would of had them on a week today and she said they had all chipped she's not sure what she has done. Now I do a lot more than her in regards banging my nails, doing housework without rubber gloves etc so can't understand why hers have all chipped. Only thing I can think of is it is because i didn't seal the edges or her nails where soft ? Any advice please?

I use structure gel on soft bendy nails. It adds a wee bit of strength to the nails, hope that helps xx

Hi

I've done a few sets of nails now and I've been wearing a colour for 2 weeks now but I have done a set of nails on my friend with the same colour but she had really soft nails and really short nails so I really struggled to seal the edges. I text'd her last night to see how they where as she would of had them on a week today and she said they had all chipped she's not sure what she has done. Now I do a lot more than her in regards banging my nails, doing housework without rubber gloves etc so can't understand why hers have all chipped. Only thing I can think of is it is because i didn't seal the edges or her nails where soft ? Any advice please?

When you apply the foundation (thin) turn the brush round & go from free edge towards the cuticle pulling back the skin. This is the best way to make sure the free edge is covered.
You can do the same with the other coats too.

Last edited:
When layers of nail come off some peoples nails, this is another reason the colour will chip. Obviously if the nail layer has come away, the colour on it will be gone too. Colour won't chip unless this happens, free edge not properly sealed, been filed or there is a problem with bonding in the first place.

I did a set last wk and the person had a old nail/finger injury, which has resulted with the tip of her finger being large and the nail doesn't grow properly at the free edge, kind of hard to explain an I didn't take a photo. I was concerned about how I was going to do the capping of free edge as there is no space between nails and finger do I just about managed the get a nail form under the free so that when capping I didn't get it on her skin and a could wipe off what was on the form before putting in the lamp~ it worked and nails have been fine so far

Latest posts

Back