Gelish or Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrownL22

Reaction score
Hi all
need your honest opinions based on experience. I really can’t decide and need to get a course booked ASAP! Can anyone shed and light on which brand they’ve worked with and preferred and reasons why?
Would be greatly appreciated. I’m wishing to offer Both manicure and pedicures with one of the above gel polisheS. I’m not overly concerned on price of training and start up’s.. just wishing to offer a good long lasting gel polish please!

Go with gelish. It lasts longer, gives the nail plate a little more flexibility and shines until you remove it.

I've worked with both Gelish and Shellac and find that they each have a place. Gelish is 100% gel, while CND Shellac is a hybrid. Gelish is stronger, and more resistant. Shellac is more porous. What that means is that Gelish is more durable, but harder (takes more time) to remove, while Shellac is more fragile but removes easier and with less potential for damage. All that said, my preference is for OPI because it combines the benefits of hybrid in its base coats with the durability of 100% gel.

I think the days of having just one brand of gel polish are over. I think it is necessary to have different brands to suit the needs of different clients. The skill comes in matching the right product with the right client.

Latest posts

Back