Gelish over nail tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicola0201

Reaction score
Has anyone used Gelish polish over nail tips? Did it last? It's brill on natural nails but never tried it on tips, wasn't sure if you could.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I did this a few weeks back & they lasted 1 day before they started coming off. Had to redo for the lady today.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Last edited:
Maybe they didnt last because of the thickness of the tips they have to be capped thoroughly?? I know I have this problem with Minx

Has anyone used Gelish polish over nail tips? Did it last? It's brill on natural nails but never tried it on tips, wasn't sure if you could.
Thanks

When you say 'tips' do you mean over acrylic or hard gel extensions that the tips have been used with or applying tips then using Gelish alone over it?

If you want to extend the nail with a tip, you can use Gelish structure gel over the tip to add strength, but not too long say 3 or 4 mm at most. Use Gelish structure Gel after foundation, so prep in the normal way,apply tip blend as normal, cleanse (avoiding using clense on the plastic tip as it may cause it to crack) apply PH Bond t nat nail area only, apply foundation gel all over & dry wipe, then use Gelish Structure Gel to add structure to the extended nail/tip. Then go with your colours.

Gelish on it's own is not strong enough too be used with tip extentions unless using the Gelish Structure Gel.
You can however, use Gelish over acrylic or hard gel extensions, just finish the enhancement to a 180 grit finish, wipe with Cleanse and apply colours.

yeah i meant over the top of a false tip, the gelish alone if that makes sense. and thanks for all your help, i didn't think it would be strong enough. will defo look into structure. thanks

Latest posts

Back