Gelish peeling problems!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnie@lashout

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I've read a few of the threads already but lately I've found that my Gelish applications are not lasting as long. On myself or on other client. I haven't changed my application at all. Is it possible that the gel has expired? I am mobile so its in my car a lot. I have been using the foundation gel that I got with my kit and I've had it about a year?? What's going on? It seems to last only 10 days max!!!

Sent from my XT890 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's possible the heat in the car has affected the polish yes.

Do you have the bottles covered while in the car? Your Gelish should be stored in a cool dry place with a maximum temperature of 60C/140F and kept away from light.

Also, what lamp are you using. Is is a UV lamp? If so, when was the last time you changed your bulbs?

I keep all my polishes together in a beauty case in my boot. I can't see that it has been sitting in direct sunlight.
I use a LED lamp.
I just wondered if the gel could get weaker because it was older? I don't think its my application?! I do thin coats but sometimes I have to do three with some colors xx

I keep all my polishes together in a beauty case in my boot. I can't see that it has been sitting in direct sunlight.
I use a LED lamp.
I just wondered if the gel could get weaker because it was older? I don't think its my application?! I do thin coats but sometimes I have to do three with some colors xx

I've had some polishes for more than a year and they are still perfect. How you store them is important though and they could over-heat in the boot of the car, especially in the last few weeks as the weather is warmer.

Gelish is a thin polish and it's perfectly fine to apply 3 layers on some colours if needed, once they are thin layers.

Have you looked at your lamp and just made sure all the bulbs are lighting up?... just a thought...

I will check my lamp. I had some wrinkling a little while ago as well is that a lamp problem or does that mean its too thick!?!

I will check my lamp. I had some wrinkling a little while ago as well is that a lamp problem or does that mean its too thick!?!

Wrinkling usually happens when the product is applied too thick. Some colours have a different consistency to others, so you'll find some will need two coats and others will need three. Just make sure the coats are nice and thin. If you are using the Gelish 18G LED lamp, then the problem wouldn't be curing... the bulbs never need to be replaced and their strength will not diminish.

HTHs

Thank you for all your help!

Latest posts

Back