Gelish Polygel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditsy floral

Reaction score
anyone using poly gel ? Thinking about changing to this system. Any views please ?

I’ve been using it since it launched and now all of my clients that have enhancements have it instead of acrylic. They love it.
It’s Strong but feels lighter on the nail than acrylic , no lifting, easy to file, quick to do a full set/infill. I’ve literally got no cons to add. x

Went to purchase polygel and is it really £xxxx for a starters kit! Only get one tube of gel [emoji51] really want to try it but costly

[no trade prices please - thank you]

Last edited by a moderator:
You could look at trinity AP gel? I’ve used it it works really well. I haven’t used polygel though

Went to purchase polygel and is it really £xxxx for a starters kit! Only get one tube of gel [emoji51] really want to try it but costly

Nail harmony have 25% off of polygel at the moment.
When you work out how many sets you get per tube and the cost per service it’s more that worth it x

I use the PolyGel and do love it, but do not find it quite as durable as traditional hard gel for longer/ extreme shapes. I DO love that it adheres to almost any other nail enhancement base. I am certified in Akzentz Pro-Formance hard gels and love the Trinity @Opinaillove. Literally ONE step with no primers, bonders etc. Razor thin tips with extreme strength.

I use the PolyGel and do love it, but do not find it quite as durable as traditional hard gel for longer/ extreme shapes. I DO love that it adheres to almost any other nail enhancement base. I am certified in Akzentz Pro-Formance hard gels and love the Trinity @Opinaillove. Literally ONE step with no primers, bonders etc. Razor thin tips with extreme strength.

Are you talking about Gelish polygel?

Have you seen Artistic are bringing out their Polygel?? I cant wait to see it, I hear its a lot cheaper than Gelish, you do need training though to use the product.

I really loved poly gel for its application and filing but ended up going back to hard gel because I was finding the poly gel nails to be weaker and break easier. Now that I'm used to the self leveling of the gel that I use I couldn' go back to poly gel. Also because they don't have a crystal clear gel, you can't encapsulate which was an issue for me.

I bought the crystal nails version. Much cheaper and getting fantastic results with it :)

I have the trinity version. It was pretty cheap but I decided to just keep the clear so will be selling the pink and white ones.

I have been using Polygel since August, and I love it. I will say it took me some time to get used to it, and I learned that if you use too much of the slip solution, the nail can seem weak or lift easier. I have learned from other techs some tricks to making it last longer! Use as little slip as possible, I have even seen some techs use an orangewood stick to apply Polygel because it doesn't stick to it. I have really come to love using dual forms (which I never used with other products). It creates the perfect smooth surface fast, and with no slip. I have had zero lifting with this method and the nails are very strong!

There will be a lot of new acrylgel products released during the next months. Prices are already getting competitive.

Latest posts

Back