Gelish Polygel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyatwork

Reaction score
Hi

I’m just going through my polygel course and done the 5 sets as required but had no end of problems with it lifting and even after repairs they are still lifting? It was told I was using too much slip solution so deliberately used less and still had the problems. Just been through my second day and told I am doing it right even with her stood over me but the problems still happening. Anybody else had any problems or can offer advice. I have also used both the pro bond and now the foundation that they have moved to and still the same issues. Thanks

Regardless of system used lifting is usually down to insufficient prep, what prep steps are you using? including product specifics

All of the products used are Harmony specific as advised to buy for the course. We start by cleaning the nails, then start the cuticle cleaning and removal which are assessed before we move forward. The next step is to lightly buff the nail and remove any dust and then add ph bond. After this we move to applying the foundation which is scrubbed into the nail and cured for 5 seconds and then dry brushed. Once this has all been done we move onto applying the polygel. This starts as a ball and then patted across the nail bed to create a flat sausage. Using the minimum slip solution (always dabbed off the brush before moving forward) you push to the cuticle line until it is nicely blended to the base and then drag up always checking the nail shape. Once happy cure for 60 seconds or if on an extension lead cure for 90 seconds. Once cured file smooth. The teacher watched me at every stage as advised what was happening and whilst in the room she said my technique was correct? So a little confused

Who are you training with?

Are you making sure no product is touching the surrounding skin?
Are your models looking after their nails and following aftercare?

Harmony nails directly with the educator being a PhD in Gelish? No product is going on the surrounding skin as we are shown how to get it thin and neatly around the edge. We work on each other but the models I’m working on as my 5 test cases all their nails are nice. I’ve had this happen to 3 of the 5 and they are different ages. I showed the peeled nails to my trainer which is why she watched me closely. The issue is the last set I did just before this last day are now coming off

All of the products used are Harmony specific as advised to buy for the course. We start by cleaning the nails, then start the cuticle cleaning and removal

This is your prep step - are you using a cuticle removal product? How is it neutralised and removed before moving on to sanitising and primer? What tools do you use?

Is your lamp plugged into an extension lead?

Yes we start by wiping the nails with their nail cleaning solution, then we use a cuticle tool to clear the cuticle and push back the eponychium and trim any dead skin and this is all done dry. Then give the nail a light buff and with lint free wipe clean the dust off. There are no creams, oils or cuticle removal cream used.

Not when I have done the nails that have lifted but yes in class which is why we give an extra 30 seconds over the 60 seconds

Yes we start by wiping the nails with their nail cleaning solution, then we use a cuticle tool to clear the cuticle and push back the eponychium and trim any dead skin and this is all done dry. Then give the nail a light buff and with lint free wipe clean the dust off. There are no creams, oils or cuticle removal cream used.

I would expect the 'nail cleaning solution' would be used after cuticle work, not before, i presume its a dehydrator, then prime

We sometimes do before and after but we use a prime too?

When I was trained in Poly Gel with an educator I was told ph bond then pro bond. Is this maybe what you are missing?

When I was trained in Poly Gel with an educator I was told ph bond then pro bond. Is this maybe what you are missing?

Apparently now we have to PH bond and then use foundation rather than pro bond. It’s due to issues of some clients experiencing nail separation, they think it was caused by having too much HEMA so they have replaced pro bond with foundation. There was a video released by Danny from Gelish the other week on Facebook showing the new steps if you haven’t seen it already [emoji2]

So I’m following the new steps as trained by my Gelish educator and even the nails she watched me do in class closely and said they were ok have now lifted just over a week later so I have no idea

Apparently now we have to PH bond and then use foundation rather than pro bond. It’s due to issues of some clients experiencing nail separation, they think it was caused by having too much HEMA so they have replaced pro bond with foundation. There was a video released by Danny from Gelish the other week on Facebook showing the new steps if you haven’t seen it already [emoji2]

Oh cool!! Thanks for that information very helpful

So I’m following the new steps as trained by my Gelish educator and even the nails she watched me do in class closely and said they were ok have now lifted just over a week later so I have no idea

I don’t suppose it could be the foundation being used in seas of pro bond ? I know some people love the new way to do it, others hate it. Although I’m pretty sure you have to follow the new procedure to make sure that your insurance covers you x

Is your lamp plugged into an extension lead?
can you explain more , I couldn't understand you comments about the curing light machine

Have you always applied on the same model? If so it might be worth trying someone else.
Also your instructor should be addressing this until she sorts it out.

can you explain more , I couldn't understand you comments about the curing light machine

If your lamp is plugged into an extension lead basically it isn’t as powerful as it would be if it were plugged directly into the wall socket x

If your lamp is plugged into an extension lead basically it isn’t as powerful as it would be if it were plugged directly into the wall socket x
Not sure where you got this info from. Unless your extension lead was really, really long you wouldn't experience any drop in voltage. Its kind of like saying sockets wired closest to your consumer unit (fuse board) are more powerful than sockets at the other end of your house. x

Latest posts

Back