Gelish Polygel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Immeeams

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with Gelish Polygel causing nail separation?

No products cause damage to nails, bad technicians or bad clients damage nails.

Either bad clients by picking, biting, using as tools etc.

Or bad techs from over buffing, poor removal, etc.

Bear in mind some medication can cause Onycholysis

Do you use Gelish Polygel?

I understand where you are coming from however. Nail Harmony have issued a statement confirming there is a problem with the product. I was asking as NH have only issued the statement Facebook and wanted to make any Gelish techs on here aware. There was a problem a while back with the same product and a change in the application process which wasn't communicated well either.

Do you use Gelish Polygel?

I understand where you are coming from however. Nail Harmony have issued a statement confirming there is a problem with the product. I was asking as NH have only issued the statement Facebook and wanted to make any Gelish techs on here aware. There was a problem a while back with the same product and a change in the application process which wasn't communicated well either.

I have it yes, not using it much currently, I'm still on the fence with longevity, etc.

What does their statement say specifically?

I'm not sure how to attach the screen shots. For specifics you would need to check the Nail Harmony Technical Help Group.

Basically it says there have been issues and they have now reformulated the product and that only the new product should be used. They have also said that if you are unhappy you can get reimbursed for training and product costs if you contact Nail Alliance in US.

I'm not sure how to attach the screen shots. For specifics you would need to check the Nail Harmony Technical Help Group.

Basically it says there have been issues and they have now reformulated the product and that only the new product should be used. They have also said that if you are unhappy you can get reimbursed for training and product costs if you contact Nail Alliance in US.

Can you post a link, I've trawled the Nail Harmony FB page but I couldn't see anything about it. There are a few regular PolyGel users who should be interested, not sure if UK techs would be covered by Nail Alliance in the USA.

I personally would be very interested in exact what the issues were and the effects from a product chemistry perspective.

Can you post a link, I've trawled the Nail Harmony FB page but I couldn't see anything about it. There are a few regular PolyGel users who should be interested, not sure if UK techs would be covered by Nail Alliance in the USA.

I personally would be very interested in exact what the issues were and the effects from a product chemistry perspective.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/623915760964273/permalink/2456821107673720/

That's the link for the announcement.

Georgies post on Facebook
FB_IMG_1560927737868.jpeg

Thank you @IBUK - a worrying statement to put out, if for no other reason than its very wishy washy and doesn't clarify anything but raises more questions than it answers.

I too have had problems with separation with the use of polygel. She went to the Dr. and gave her antibiotics that they thought was fungal and didn't work. She then kept the nails natural and as short as possible. With time it has grown out with the exception of one nail. It was concerning because the only change in the appearance of the nails was when I switched her to polygel and that reaction occurred within approx. 2 months. Initially I thought the onycholysis was due to here having her nails too long for her lifestyle and or health issues which there are many. I mean she wanted them about an inch long and very narrowed (which I did not narrow) but now is unhappy with only natural nails that do not provide length. I read that having constant UTIs, which she also has can also cause onycholysis. None of this has ever happened to me before. I use high level disinfectant, follow all the directions and to have this happen is frightening.

Its the strong amount of hema in the products. Gelish advises to use foundation before polygel now. At least in the USA...b

Where is this product manufactured? If it's USA or the EU there are regulations on HEMA etc. It shouldn't be possible. Surely a reputable brand wouldn't be sourcing products from an unregulated country?

Latest posts

Back