Gelish pooling & separating on nail surface like crackle polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finchesca

Reaction score
Hi

The very first time I tried Gelish I used the top coat over regular polish. It was absolutely fabulous. Since that first success I have had increasing problems and cannot explain it! Please help...

Applying top coat now produces a random pooling/separation/pitting effect on the nail, instead of the beautiful even coat I experienced the first time. After giving up for a while, today I tried applying Gelish base coat on absolutely clean nails and the pooling/separating/pitting effect was severe across all nails. A total mess. I had to wipe it off immediately.

What the bleep is going on?!? The Gelish is behaving like a crackle polish.

I so adored the effect the first time that I bought up quite a collection of Gelish polishes that I now find entirely unusable, yet I am not doing anything different! Please HEEEELP!

:irked:

Hi there
Had a quick look at your profile. I hope I don't come across rude. But have you done a training course with gelish? Xx

I too have had a quick peep at your profile & it doesn't say your a nail professional?? Correct me if I'm wrong though.
As questioned above... Have you done any Gelish training? Or any nail training for that matter. In all honesty iv never come across the problem your speaking of. Maybe your applying each cost too thick? I'm not sure Nail Harmony recommend using it over nail polish as its designed to be used as a full system x

Dont want to read snd run.
Why would you use TIO over regular polish??
could be the problem if you've contaminated your brush?!

Um, nope :o

...but I have read up on it a lot and had no problems at all the first time. That's what puzzles me. It can't be that complex.

Sorry, that was answering ther first person. You guys are fast :).

I only used it over regular polish on a whim - impatience to try it. It worked brilliantly. No contamination issue. (None of the other colous or the base coat were used anway, and I have as much problem with them now as the top coat.)

Get some training with Gelish that should iron out your problems :)

...and...

Please hear me. The worst symptom has been base coat on clean nails. No special talents or training needed there!

It has also happened with Gelish color over Gelish base coat, and Gelish top coat over Gelish color.

Thickness of application makes no difference (I tried varying that).

Ok, this is a forum for professionals. If you won't get training then I'm sorry but I doubt many people here will help.
I will say however good luck with getting to the bottom of your issues with Gelish.
If you have purchased your products from Harmony then give them a ring I'm sure they'll help .

You say you figured it can't be that complex.... that is why we invest good money in training for our businesses because it is more complex than it looks. There are many steps that need to be taken before the actual gelish application in order to prep your nails and not only make the gelish 'stick' if you like but also so stop any bacteria growing, and you landing up with green nails.

Where did you buy your gelish without a qualification? As its a professional product so if its not from an approved supplier its more than likely not genuine gelish. Then your lamp, where did you get that? It may be the wrong power. You won't know how to maintain it properly. And if that's the case you'll be undercuring the product which you can't see but will be doing damage to you.

My advice is to stop. Attend a course and learn properly before you cause some damage to your nails hun. Or go to a salon who is qualified and knows what they are doing.
Xx

Thickness of application makes no difference (I tried varying that).

I'm sorry to be rude but this just shows how little you know!!
If you have bought fake products, which I'm assuming you must have as you're not qualified, then there's your problem!!!
This forum is for professionals to help professionals!!

I'm sorry to be rude but this just shows how little you know!!

Let me clarify: Thickness of application MADE no difference. I am not stating an opinion, but a fact based on actual experimenting with thickness of application.

I have no issue with the UV light. It pools immediately on application, not when curing.

Whilst Gelish is limited for sale within the US, this is not so everywhere else. If it were a 'fake' product, I doubt very much that...
- it would be identical in every detail (it is)
- the colors would be 100% spot on (they are)
- it would have WORKED BRILLIANTLY THE FIRST TIME (it did)

I am frankly reluctant to outlay more $$$ for training on what appears to be a questionable product, unless someone has an explanation for this that can provide reassurance. I am simply asking for insight into why the product may be behaving this way. If you have no insight into that, please do not respond to the question.

I don't think anyone will try to help you with your issue now anyway, given you've had no nail training. It's actually quite obvious what the problem is with it.

And this:
It can't be that complex.

just made me mad. You would have no idea until you do some proper training and experienced the whole system. Which is actually brilliant if you're using it correctly. We didn't invest thousands of pounds on training and full systems if it wasn't that complex.

I think the bottom line here is...we don't know what is causing this!
I have never heard of Gelish doing this, and if I had such a problem I would phone my supplier/distributor about it and they would either help or replace my products.
As a consumer and not a pro buying from an authorised distributor you probably don't have that option.
Sorry, but we really cannot help.

Hi

I used the top coat over regular polish.

What does this mean ? Is that as per rules of application according to the product ?

If in your own words it 'can't be that complex' then why are you having problems?

A course will show you the correct way to prepare the nail and how to use the products and im sure will also cover troubleshooting.
x

Izzidoll, thank you.

ok so please dont take any of this in a mean way i just hope you understand that we get frustrated as we pay alot of money to do the training correctly.
i agree with the other girls that you wont 100% understand the correct proceedure of the service and why its going wrong if you havet had the training, there are certain things you do other than just paint each layer. there are processes of prep and in between and after the layers that you are supposed to do and in training you learn this. I had the exact same problem you are having with my base coat and when i put my first layer of colour on. it was my 2nd set of nails and i couldnt figure out what i did wrong so i checked over my training notes and realised what step i had accidently forgotten to do causing this kind of splitting seperating issue

Hi

The very first time I tried Gelish I used the top coat over regular polish. It was absolutely fabulous. Since that first success I have had increasing problems and cannot explain it! Please help...

Applying top coat now produces a random pooling/separation/pitting effect on the nail, instead of the beautiful even coat I experienced the first time. After giving up for a while, today I tried applying Gelish base coat on absolutely clean nails and the pooling/separating/pitting effect was severe across all nails. A total mess. I had to wipe it off immediately.

What the bleep is going on?!? The Gelish is behaving like a crackle polish.

I so adored the effect the first time that I bought up quite a collection of Gelish polishes that I now find entirely unusable, yet I am not doing anything different! Please HEEEELP!

:irked:
I'm sorry you had to deal with so many snotty comments and all of them incorrect as well. As you know gel polish hardens from UV LED rays. Indirect sunlight has ruined your gel polish. That is what's causing it to separate and have craters. Unfortunately it's not salvageable and those bottles are toast. So next time you must be careful to only use that polish in unnatural lighting.

@jessness024 just in case you hadn't noticed, this thread is from 2012 and the OP hasn't been back since then. I didn't want you to think you were being ignored. In actual fact I don't think any of the original contributors have been in in several years.

Latest posts

Back