Gelish prep advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVA

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just starting out as a nail technician, although I did my Gelish training 4 years ago. I have recently attended another Gel nail course as a refresher but we used Shellac during the course and I wish to use Gelish for my own clients but have a few Qs and am hoping you can please help....

What nail prep solution do you use? Does anyone use a cheaper brand such as Gellux or do you use the Gelish Cleanser both before application and then after to remove the sticky residue? On my recent course they used a blue solution for nail prep and then non acetone for the end wipe off.

Does everyone use the bond prior to the foundation coat? I know Shellac don't use this and when I had a recent mani locally, the technician buffed my nail plate then used another brand called Gel in a Bottle as a base coat, then my chosen Gelish colour followed by Gel in a Bottle top coat but used the Gelish LED lamp.

What cuticle remover solution do you favour? On my Gelish course they used OPI nail cleanser (pink colour) but on my recent course they used CND cuticle away and then wiped the nail after with nail prep but I'd read CND should be rinsed off! However I thought you should always keep the nails dry when doing gels.

Buffing the nail plate - Do you have to use the Gelish buffer? The nail tech used a white square buffing block on mine which you can buy in capital.

A couple of other general Qs...

What hand sanitisers do you favour prior to treatments? Some of them smell really alcoholic which isn't nice!

What do you use on your tools between clients to sanitise them during the day? I know I need to use Barbacide to properly sterilise my tools but if you're mobile or have a few clients lined up at home one after the other, what do you use?

Sorry for the list of Qs....

Look forward to hearing from you all with your tips

Thanks

JVA

Latest posts

Back