Gelish problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilytalbot

Reaction score
Hi everyone. A friend of mine is new to gelish and has sent me the pic below, also the client has contacted and said the while thumb has peeled off. I asked if she dry brushed and she hadn't so it could be this, any further thoughts? He has been using gellux until now and this is her first set using gelish

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365191783.097370.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1365191783.097370.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 458
It looks like it has wrinkled from applying it too thickly.

That's what I though, she said the colour was quite thick to begin with x

Yes it's far too thick. When wrinkling is that bad it has to be removed and reapplied. Sometimes top coat can smooth out a small wrinkle but in this case it would peel and break down because there is so much uncured product.

Definitely too thick with the colour layer, gelish is all about he super thin coats xx

Applied too thick. Needed to be removed and started again. You can get away with a slight wrinkle with TIO but not this much. You can buff after TIO and put another colour coat and TIO but I would be worried it hadn't cured underneath so would rather start again. Thin, thin, thin!

Hi everyone. A friend of mine is new to gelish and has sent me the pic below, also the client has contacted and said the while thumb has peeled off. I asked if she dry brushed and she hadn't so it could be this, any further thoughts? He has been using gellux until now and this is her first set using gelish

Could also be due to his/her uv lamp.

I agree that it's been applied too thick resulting in wrinkling. It probably is under cured, not because of the UV bulbs needing to be replaced, but because since it was applied too thickly the UV rays weren't able to penetrate to the base coat. Thin to win!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I will add another vote that is it obvious the Gelish has been applied way too thick.
With any brand of gel polish (I use NSI Polish Pro) is must be applied in thin coats.
If for some reason you do not get the desired color coverage in 2 coats, you could add a 3rd to get full coverage but each layer still needs to be thin.
This also includes the base and top coats, these should be thin too, especially the base coat otherwise removal would be a nightmare.

When I look at the pic (enlarged) it looks like its the top coat peeling/flaking off rather than wrinkling.

You would know more as you see it in real life.

Is it wrinkling or flaking/peeling?

Was it Gelish TIO used over or a different brand of top coat?

Looks to me like the colour coat has wrinkled because its too thick.

Latest posts

Back