Gelish problems with wrinkling - try "The Gel Bottle"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellekay

Reaction score
Have any of you Gelish users been having problems with bright colours i.e. Pop-arazzi pose, brights have more fun and rockin in the reef? I have had previous bottles of pop-arazzi and rockin in the reef and not had problems, but these new bottles i'm finding are not setting properly and within an hour of clients leaving salon, one or two nails are wrinkling?? I have spoke to Gelish and am told I am applying too thick, even though not had this problem before with these colours, and I have used Gelish for 6-7 years have over 80 colours, been doing nails for 13 years, however its me I'm told �. Was told to send back and they would test, I have done this before with "the big chill" ended up throwing away because they said there was nothing wrong with it, however I could not use this at all as i couldn't get a nice smooth finish. Am getting fed up of Gelish blaming the user when there is clearly sometimes an issue with the bottle/batch and at £xx.xx a bottle am not prepared to keep throwing bottles away. Am thinking of maybe trying "The Gel Bottle" as have heard great things and are cheaper.

Removed trade prices

Last edited by a moderator:
poparazzi pose & brights have More fun are 2 of my most popular colours and I've never had any issues with them personally.
What you are describing does sound as though you are maybe painting your coats a little too thick, which is easily done with colours that have a thicker consistency.

I did this with a client a while ago, painted too thickly and it hadn't cured correctly & wrinkled.

I just adapt my application a little for the colours that are more pigmented/ have a thicker consistency to make sure the coats are super thin to enable proper curing. x

poparazzi pose & brights have More fun are 2 of my most popular colours and I've never had any issues with them personally.
What you are describing does sound as though you are maybe painting your coats a little too thick, which is easily done with colours that have a thicker consistency.

I did this with a client a while ago, painted too thickly and it hadn't cured correctly & wrinkled.

I just adapt my application a little for the colours that are more pigmented/ have a thicker consistency to make sure the coats are super thin to enable proper curing. x

I made sure on my last client i applied it super thin and it still happened. And i have never had this problem before with this colour and now suddenly with this new bottle its happening with every client. Dont think its my technique.

If it's wrinkling after they've left and not straight after the hand comes out the lamp I've found that's down to it not curing properly, it appears like it's cured until how ever many hours later when it all wrinkles up.
It's happened to a couple of clients of mine when they've put their hand too far into the lamp and the middle finger hasn't cured properly on 1 or 2 layers and appears fine until they message me later that day and it's wrinkled and bubbled up. I have no problems with my poparazzi pose, brights have more fun, or rockin the reef. what lamp are you using?

I'm using the Gelish 18g lamp.

Do you know if it's wrinkling on all nails or just certain ones??

Just a few nails.

Could it be hand placement?

Thing is when the consistency is thicker you need to be even thinner with your coats than you normally would do.

When I did one of the thicker colours a while ago my first & second coats were too thick so only the top layer cured properly. When the Client left, the next morning she said a chunk from the middle of her finger had come off and the gel was slightly wet underneath.
Now when I apply I do all 5 nails, scrape every last bit off my brush into the bottle the. Go over the nails to pull off any excess colour and then cure.

I've been doing nails years too but I'll be the first to admit on that occasion it was my application not the product. I didn't mean to cause any offence, just want to help with your problem. No point reinvesting in another brand if you can work out these little problems x

Could be hand placement or like cheekychick said the thickness, even if it seems like you're doing it thin. One persons thin layer could be another persons thick layer.
My issues with this was hand placement, but only really happened on the middle finger x

Could it be hand placement?

Thing is when the consistency is thicker you need to be even thinner with your coats than you normally would do.

When I did one of the thicker colours a while ago my first & second coats were too thick so only the top layer cured properly. When the Client left, the next morning she said a chunk from the middle of her finger had come off and the gel was slightly wet underneath.
Now when I apply I do all 5 nails, scrape every last bit off my brush into the bottle the. Go over the nails to pull off any excess colour and then cure.

I've been doing nails years too but I'll be the first to admit on that occasion it was my application not the product. I didn't mean to cause any offence, just want to help with your problem. No point reinvesting in another brand if you can work out these little problems x

No offence taken, but i did apply it really thin and not had problems before. I ve just opened a new bottle of Mango round with me and had curing issues with that today also. I seem to be having problems with the bright colours.

Could be hand placement or like cheekychick said the thickness, even if it seems like you're doing it thin. One persons thin layer could be another persons thick layer.
My issues with this was hand placement, but only really happened on the middle finger x

But i shouldn't have to apply it that thin that i have to scrape brush so there's none on. I don't have time to be doing 4 and 5 layers and don't expect to really when buying a professional brand.

Ok we are only trying to give u advice, which you've asked for but don't seem to want to take on board

Have you considered it's the lamp not the colors. And it is only manifesting on those because they are thicker?

Also, and to your last point. Pro brands are not infallible and that is why if you troubleshoot property and still have issues you should go to your reseller next. We can only give you our two cents here. They are the ones that should give you answers.

Latest posts

Back