Gelish removal video

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
Ok, so Ive been having issues removing gelish, since Shellac is my main service, so I just went to nailharmony.com in their education videos, they have a video of the Gelish application and removal process and I have a couple questions
1: They used a huge cotton ball, I used a 2x2 1 ply lint free cotton pad folded twice (1x1 square) to fit the nail and then wrap with foil. Which is better? I feel like the big cotton ball would use too much acetone, but on the other hand... maybe I am having problems because im not getting enough acetone?!

2: When they actually start scraping the Gelish off the nail, it doesnt seem very gentle! You can see them use force..... And this is coming from their official site!

Does anyone use both Shellac and Gelish? And how would you compare their removal? I keep expecting Gelish to come off nicely if I just keep waiting longer and longer but it never seems to happen!:eek:

That's why I don't use gelish, it's too hard on the nails. Shellac is way easier to remove, I think.

I use both, my Gelish also removes fairly easily.
I cut a cotton wool disc into quarters and soak in acetone/d solve and wrap tightly in foil and it removes well.

Mine removes easily as well. 10-15 mins max. I use half a cotton ball, hair dressers foil and remover. When I remove the foils I rarely have to push any off. It all comes off within the time frame so it's not accurate to say its difficult or hard on nails. I use it consistently and my nails are in great shape as are all my clients who wear gelish consistently.

-make sure foundation layer is super thin. One dip into the bottle, wipe excess then dab on each nail and scrub in.

-make sure you leave remover on for long enough and saturate cotton well.

I don't have any problems with Gelish removal and it certainly isn't harsh on the natural nail!

Cut a cotton pad into quarters, dampen with NH remover, wrap using nail wraps or hairdressers foil. Leave on for 12-15 mins and it comes off a dream. I place a warmed wheat bag sprayed with a little lavender relaxing spray on the clients hands whilst it's working it's magic, and find it helps with the removal - but I use it more because the clients feel they are being pampered and always comment on how nice it is :lol:

Any particular brand of cotton rounds?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back