Gelish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use CND's Cuticle Away and love it! Don't think I've had such good results with another cuticle remover.

P.S. My client cancelled at the last minute so couldn't practice my removal!

Oh no that is typical, thanks for that think I am going to get CA a curette and a spray bottle oh and d-solve, god I have already spend £40 at sallys this am, whoooopsy!! xx

I tried out a removal tonight on a client with D-Solve, using hardly any cotton wool and it worked a treat, 10 mins! I was using too much cotton wool!

So pleased, as I hated removals :D

Last night's removal took forever but I think it's because we always use Structure Gel on my client's nails. She loves that she gets a lot of strength with the structure gel so we have just chosen to always use it on her nails. Has anyone else experienced longer removal with the structure gel? My foundation layer is super thin, then I use structure, 2 color coats and TIO. It was almost an hour last night. Used NH remover, very little cotton and saturated it fully, then wrapped tightly and also kept hot towels on her fingers. It amazed me how long it took.

Has anyone tried the new CND nourishing remover yet? I need to place an order with sweet squared and I cant make my mind up weather to buy it or just get D-solve.

Last night's removal took forever but I think it's because we always use Structure Gel on my client's nails. She loves that she gets a lot of strength with the structure gel so we have just chosen to always use it on her nails. Has anyone else experienced longer removal with the structure gel? My foundation layer is super thin, then I use structure, 2 color coats and TIO. It was almost an hour last night. Used NH remover, very little cotton and saturated it fully, then wrapped tightly and also kept hot towels on her fingers. It amazed me how long it took.

Maybe it was too much heat hun... Too much heat can make the NH remover, d solve or acetone evaporate!? Xxx

On a slightly different, but still removal, note.

How does everyone deal with Gelish removal on toes?

I'm finding the client toes are never easy to file the top coat off and wraps are just plain awkward.

Then again, this could also be due to my removal methods not exactly been fab.

I never file the top coat off (not with finger either) and then I use cotton pads and foil. I wrap the big toe separately then the next two together and then the smallest two together. Just make sure to use enough acetone. Then I usually have wollen socks or blanket to wrap around the clients toes.

Since Gelish lasts a lot longer on toes it can be harder to remove but just be patient:)

Most removals I have done on toes the client has also had infills or something on her hands as well so I can just go on with that and then check on the toes in about 15 min time:)

I always use structure gel but I put in on after the colour layers (foundation, colour, colour, structure, TIO).

I don't have any removal problems, very rarely even buff off the shiny top coat. I use a very thin layer of cottonwool (I use Bio's Wonderwipe separated into 2 layers), or Magis wraps - wrap 1st finger and set timer for 13 mins (odd time but it works for me), when I've wrapped last finger, I make client a drink and then its usually time to unwrap.

I don't use any heat (mitts or wheat bag) but then I am in Spain so is generally much warmer than UK!! It might be worth using a bit of heat if you are still having problems.

For me, Gelish just comes off in lumps - any stubborn pieces I spray with anti fungal and gently push with a metal pusher.

Jo xx

Tried dsolve last night and cuticle away as it was a reapplication and wow it removes quicker :) and cuticle away is amazing stuff too!! Thanks for the recommendations geeks xx

Just out of interest I just tried my lidl polish remover, even comes in a pump bottle, seriously fastest removal ever, just fell off, no drying whatsoever and even smells like almonds :) had to share as was so impressed xx

Lol im tempted to try this for fun I wonder if my local lidl has it :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back