Gelish removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally___pally

Reaction score
sorry if this has been asked before but I have used the search facility on the app but no joy what so ever.

I have a clint for shellac tonight, but she needs her gelish removing. is the removal process for gelish the same as shellac as I have ever used gelish
before . thanks

File the free edge & lightly buff to break the seal, wrap as you would with shellac, leave about 15 mins then check it should all come off in one if not re wrap x

brilliant , thank you XX

I also find a little warmth helps too, so if you have any heated mitts use them, its nice for the client too :)

I just got Gelish training 2 weeks ago and was advised to leave for 20 minutes with a heated pillow/pad/mitts on top, it will make your job a lot easier. I barely have anything to "scrape" off once I remove the wraps.

Mitts & heated bean bag helps a lot.
I also leave for longer than 10 mins that way it just peels of itself

Another tip, I find that buffing is not required. Comes off easier without buffing first.

What do u guys do when the client is soaking?
I'm mobile so just wondering as can't wander off into another part of the salon lol.

Xx

just thought id let you all know I wrapped them with d-solve after 10 mins realised I forgot to buff!!! so I buffed and it was all off in about 20 mins .

also while she was soaking I set up the lamp and packed away things I didn't need

x d

I'm mobile so just wondering as can't wander off into another part of the salon lol.

Xx
I mostly work from home so I make a cupola when they arrive & they ask for a straw to drink their tea/coffe while they are soaking x

I mostly work from home so I make a cupola when they arrive & they ask for a straw to drink their tea/coffe while they are soaking x

Lol - a straw. That would amuse me to see :)

Another tip, I find that buffing is not required. Comes off easier without buffing first.

I agree it comes off more like rubber when NOT buffed but I do find it better left for longer than 10 mins which is easy to do if you wrap each nail as you go along, go make client a cup of tea & the time is up.

Xx
Get them to choose a colour. clean/tidy up

Chew gum and text your mates. Just kidding!!! I'm mobile too so I make a cuppa at theirs for them and me and get them to choose a colour. Sometimes I get roped into attending to their kids needs! :rolleyes:

Hi guys can i ask what you are removing the product with? i have tried there own removal & 2 types of acetone from beauty express and its still does not all come off, there is always some left on the nail.

Sometimes i am still removing over half an hour later. I have tried the heated mitts, folding tin foil differently & shiney side etc.
I have removed the service from my list & still continuing with my regulars as they are real gems & happy with the product.

Helppppp please this is not a confidense booster, i am even trying shellac now but havent removed it yet.

So summary love the gel varnish but hate the removing.
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9001 using SalonGeek

Hi guys can i ask what you are removing the product with? i have tried there own removal & 2 types of acetone from beauty express and its still does not all come off, there is always some left on the nail.

Sometimes i am still removing over half an hour later. I have tried the heated mitts, folding tin foil differently & shiney side etc.
I have removed the service from my list & still continuing with my regulars as they are real gems & happy with the product.

Helppppp please this is not a confidense booster, i am even trying shellac now but havent removed it yet.

So summary love the gel varnish but hate the removing.
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9001 using SalonGeek

Have you tried D-Solve yet hun? Or the remover from harmony? It seems a shame to stop offering the service just because of the removal process :(

I also find it a mare to remove!!!
It's take about 30 mins sometimes more!!!!!!

Ive used both calaway from calgel and dissolve... Now contemplating on purchase nail harmony but god it's expensive!

Is it any better with the nail harmony remover? Think may try heated mitt.

I took my first ever set of Gelish yestwerday.used the harmony remover,small cotton wool bits, wrapped in tinfoil, hot water bottle on top (havent got heated mitts yet :) )and it cam off a treat in 10 - 15 mins, all in one lump really, no prior buffing either..I was chuffed!

The Harmony remover does have acetone as its main ingredient, but theres other stuff in it too and it smells a whole lot nicer than acetone! May try the d solve and d sperse when it runds out though..

Hi folks I just did the gelish training with nail harmony and the trainer said if it takes longer than 13 minUtes to remove you are using too much foundation :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I read here somewhere that a 'scraped off' brush of foundation is plenty enough to do the whole hand of nails!

Latest posts

Back