Gelish selling to untrained people

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggles

Reaction score
I did a set of gelish on a client today her 2nd set, she is loving it!
Last time I did them we did art with it and she got lots of comments on it. She also told me that one of the lady's at her work really admired the
Colour asked what it was and my client told her it was a gel polish called gelish. Anyway this lady looked it up found nail harmony website and purchased the colour along with everything else and a lamp off eBay! I went mental this lady is not trained in the industry ( works for electoral company). I know there nothing we can do about this as it up to nail harmony to ask for proof of qualifications but this really annoyed me!! What do you guys think!! X

What can you do? Nothing the companies are not loyal to the professional!

They want the best of both worlds...they are all the same, the public can buy what they want and they can see all prices..I don't know why people worry about people buying off ebay..they can buy direct from the companies themseleves.

Your clients can buy from anywhere (except a very very few companies)
so off they go to NSI, Youngs nails, Nail Harmony etc etc

x

Gelish have used us as promoters and this site till they got the following and built up the brand (all our work as techs) then decided to stab us in the back and sell to the public!!! I'm sooo upset as I have spent so much money.
All you can do now is what I and many others are doing, slowly move over to a brand that only sell to professionals.

I did a set of gelish on a client today her 2nd set, she is loving it!
Last time I did them we did art with it and she got lots of comments on it. She also told me that one of the lady's at her work really admired the
Colour asked what it was and my client told her it was a gel polish called gelish. Anyway this lady looked it up found nail harmony website and purchased the colour along with everything else and a lamp off eBay! I went mental this lady is not trained in the industry ( works for electoral company). I know there nothing we can do about this as it up to nail harmony to ask for proof of qualifications but this really annoyed me!! What do you guys think!! X

From another thread I read I would think that Nail Harmony would like to know what has happened and if I was you I would insist that Nail Harmony tighten up on their web site, if CND can insist on certs before giving access to their web site there is no reason why anyone else can't do the same. They might ignore you, but I don't think they will xx

They've never asked for certificates have they? I know I wasn't asked when I bought from them. I guess there's probably alot of untrained people who have bought from them. I had a similar situation with a client telling me how her friend had bought all the Mani Q stuff to do herself.

It's all about money for these companys, they arnt big enough to remain exclusive to the professional in my opinion.
So these smaller brands will always sell you out.

Is it true Gellish will be sold in Sally's soon? or has it arrived already?

Yes in June

What is really wrong is that you can put your salon on the Nail Harmony website so the public can find you or a salon in a area...but whilst they are searching for you, they can also have a good nose at how much all your products cost!!

Latest posts

Back