Gelish/Shellac, which to choose?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use Shellac and have also not tried it so no comment on that from me!!

I use Bio Sculpture and Gelish.

For both of these products:-

I do a very thorough prep, use CND Cuticle Remover and ScrubFresh (brill product)

I don't buff nail
I don't use primer
I don't dry brush foundation layer (gelish) - I personally find it makes no difference to how the colour applies
I don't break seal at all on nails when doing a soak off (unless I've used UV Gel as a top coat on Bio nails). I wrap clients nails using CND Disperse, when done make client a drink, they choose next colour and I am ready to remove 1st nail - 15 mins tops I would say, and gels come off easily - I live in Spain and
the summer heat definately speeds up removal times - in UK , and winter here, I use/used heated mitts.

My personal preference of the 2 systems I use is Gelish (I am a convert as I had Bio on my nails for years and loved it), but for applying on my own nails it is so quick and easy and I love the colours. On my own nails I always add a layer of Structure Gel for a bit of added strength and Top it Off is a brilliant topcoat - really shiny and lasts and lasts.

I love the CND products that I use (also adore Solar Oil) and may well try Shellac in the future -at the moment myself and my clients are happy with what I currently offer.

You need to try products out for yourself and decide what suits you best.

hth!!

Jo xx

Latest posts

Back