Gelish shrinking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginadoll

Reaction score
I used gelish for the first time on my daughters birthday party this weekend had some shrinking, has anyone had this happen with gelish? I was quite surprised after all the rave reviews and am quite disappointed with the product. I feel like I wasted my money. I noticed it most with shake it till you sumba & queen of hearts.

Are you making sure your foundation layer is dry brushed and capped? Also not over cured and last thing id make sure your colour layers are really thin hth x

Did you dry brush the foundation layer? Did you apply it too thickly? Ive never experienced shrinking since I have been doing it but ive read others have, did you manage to get it to look good once you had finished?

Just reread your post and noticed you said you used it for the first time, have you been and done the training for Gelish?

My first attempt using it wasnt great, it is very early days to be too disappointed with the product, it does take a bit of practice to learn how the product works and get perfect results.

Just reread your post and noticed you said you used it for the first time, have you been and done the training for Gelish?

My first attempt using it wasnt great, it is very early days to be too disappointed with the product, it does take a bit of practice to learn how the product works and get perfect results.

I agree x

you need to make sure you don't 'slick' on the foundation, remove as much from the brush as possible from the sides of the bottle then share it between all 5 nails, then work it into the nail, cure, dry brush off, this should prevent it from shrinking :D

you need to make sure you don't 'slick' on the foundation, remove as much from the brush as possible from the sides of the bottle then share it between all 5 nails, then work it into the nail, cure, dry brush off, this should prevent it from shrinking :D

I can get all 10 nails out of one dip into the bottle, the less the better! :D

I agree with all the comments. I was going crazy with shrinkage of certain colours from another brand. Finally sat down with a rep. and it seems the fault was mine all along. My foundation / base was applied to thick:o

I applied Gelish for the first time on myself this week and I LOVE it. I experienced zero shrinking. Sometimes I believe shrinking happens on certain nail types. Mine are long and relatively flat with a slight curve to their structure. So it went on very well.

But some have nails that kinda scoop up at the free edge causing some of the product to recede back at little. I solve this by applying thinly as everyone stated as well as focusing really hard on capping the free edge with each coat.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I think I may have forgotten to dry brush. It's hard to say as I did 5 hyper - 10 year old girls at once.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I think I may have forgotten to dry brush. It's hard to say as I did 5 hyper - 10 year old girls at once.

If you go back over the free edge just before going into the lamp this can help too

Latest posts

Back