Gelish starting out price?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
I'm currently at the stage where I'm setting up my home salon and building up speed ,I'm not that slow I don't think but like to take my time so I've done a good job.
Well a couple of people I know thought school ( patents) have seen my nails and said I can practise on them if I like and there going out this weekend and would like a particular colour, I get the feeling they wanted a freebie but I don't really want to start that, I don't mind for family and close friends as really I ask them if I can borrow there hand rather than them ask me. So my problem is what do I charge,full price ? Half price ?
It's gelish rockstar they want and I'm not even sure what full price is round my area, I've tried finding out but not found many people that offer it

I'm currently at the stage where I'm setting up my home salon and building up speed ,I'm not that slow I don't think but like to take my time so I've done a good job.
Well a couple of people I know thought school ( patents) have seen my nails and said I can practise on them if I like and there going out this weekend and would like a particular colour, I get the feeling they wanted a freebie but I don't really want to start that, I don't mind for family and close friends as really I ask them if I can borrow there hand rather than them ask me. So my problem is what do I charge,full price ? Half price ?
It's gelish rockstar they want and I'm not even sure what full price is round my area, I've tried finding out but not found many people that offer it

Honestly, I would charge full price. When I trained in Shellac I did 2 free for practice, one on my friend that was my model for the course as a thank you and one on my mum then everyone else was full price.

I would start as you mean to go on.
Rhiannon x

When I first started out I had loads of people saying "Ooo I'll have it done, I'll be a model" etc etc, but as soon as I started mentioning money, I've never heard anything from them since!!
I only do 2 freebies. One on my sis-in law, (we get on really well and honestly I really dont mind as we live 300miles apart) and my close friend who has done an amazing job growing her nails (she was a bad biter) and she works in a school kitchen so cant wear polish and is waiting for summer holiday and I said I'd do them for free as she has done so well!

Everyone else, I did an "introductory offer" of £10. I kept this going for about 4 weeks, and now im full price for £20 with 25% off for all new clients.

I may sound cheap, but as salons around me are charging £18-£20, its the going rate.

Rockster, Id definately add on an extra few pounds. Think about time, glitter and extra top it off you're using.
xx

Thanks for your replies ladies, I gut feeling was right I told them I was doing an introduction offer and there not interested.

Thanks for your replies ladies, I gut feeling was right I told them I was doing an introduction offer and there not interested.

Well that says it all! Clearly all they wanted was something for free. Well done for going with your gut feeling :)
Rhiannon x

Latest posts

Back