Gelish structure gel for extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginalhaytonxx

Reaction score
Can the structure gel be used for extensions (with gelish over it) or is it only suitable for the natural nail??

No not strong enough for extensions.

I've done short tips with gelish with no probs at all and still in place 2 weeks later ?! ( not made sculptured yet ) so long as you build a good nail with the strength in the right places and top it off You shouldnt have a prob, keep them short tho
x

I did this on my cousin a fue weeks ago and they lasted about 10 days but she had been having acrylics which she picked off so her nail where not in great nic ,also the tips I used where to curved for her flat nails it was an experiment :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

No not strong enough for extensions.

Yes it is. It is even taught in training.

I have done short gelish extensions several times and they last very well. I usually only do them if the client only wants temporary extensions so it can be soaked off easily. I also think it's great for people who want to grow their nails but also want to have great nails instantly. In 2 weeks time I either buff off the old color and do an infill or soak off and apply normal gelish. By the time we soak off the extension the nails underneath are long and beautiful:)

I know this is very similar to using acrylic but removal is much easier.

i,ve just ordered some structure gel for some of my L&P clients that want to convert to having gelish on there natural nails, would I use it before or after the gelish foundation base? And can it beused with silk/fibreglass for repairs?

You would use it after the foundation layer, either before or after applying color. You can also use it with silk and fibreglass for repairs:)

great thx, and also does anyone charge more for structure gel?

Can anyone recommend some good tips for this? I tried this (as an experiment) on my Mum's nails with NSI tips but they didn't last very well (they were short as well) :rolleyes:

I don't, but I do charge extra to do gelish extensions, same price if I use hard gel or gelish structure gel under the gelish color.

would it not be an expensive way of doing things?

would it not be an expensive way of doing things?

Not at all. The structure gel is actually cheaper than the hard gel.

It's good to have the option to do this f.e. for temporary extensions. Then they can be easily soaked off in 2-3 weeks.

Can anyone recommend some good tips for this? I tried this (as an experiment) on my Mum's nails with NSI tips but they didn't last very well (they were short as well) :rolleyes:

You have to build with the gel as you would with hard gel, make a decent apex and add thickness to the tips.

These aren't for everyone, people who are hard on their hands probably wont manage. I have done this a few times, both on myself or clients and it has gone very well.

You have to build with the gel as you would with hard gel, make a decent apex and add thickness to the tips.

These aren't for everyone, people who are hard on their hands probably wont manage. I have done this a few times, both on myself or clients and it has gone very well.

Fab thank you! x

great thx, and also does anyone charge more for structure gel?

I charge £5 extra for structure as recommended by my harmony teacher :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back