Gelish Structure Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJulesBeauty

Reaction score
Hello

Has anyone used Gelish structure gel? If so did you find it made a massive difference? I have given up on Gelac and would like to switch to Gelish.

I have been reading online about it and have booked myself onto a course but i want to order in all the products I need so that as soon as I am trained I can get stuck in.

Cheers

sI do I have one client who had / has health issues , her nails almost always peel just a bit , so Shellac or Gelish alone was not lasting ,

not I do foundation , a thin layer of struture , her color and top it off and its holding up fab!

I had to go away for a while and dump all my clients due to my grandad passing when I came back her nails had been done for 5 weeks , sure they looked shocking lol but it was all still there!

after 4 months of trying diffrent thingsd this is a winning methord for her ,

the struture gel feels diffrently to , its very bendy almost rubbery but not squidgy like rubber .... that dosent make scence lol its more like natral nail .

The Structure gel is an Excellent versatile member of the Gelish family:biggrin:
You can use it to correct imperfections on the nail plate such as ridges/dips.

You can use it over tips to offer length (as long as the tips are not tooooo long (or you may be better using Gelish Hard Gel or Fusion Acrylic if they do want very long nails)

Or you can use it to offer you clients a extra strength if they are heavy handed.

You can apply it after foundation before your colour (if hiding ridges) or you can use it AFTER colour before top it off - choice is yours.

Its thicker in viscosity than gelish.

hth

Amber x

Thank you so much ladies, I appreciate your response x

I noticed today that Structure Gel is no longer on the Harmony UK website. Is this just out of stock or is it being discontinued?

ooh thats interesting! Any thoughts Geeks?

This is really helpful. I have a pot of stucture gel in the drawer but have beem unsure what to do with it. Can I ask, does it just go on your the other coats - do you cap the ends? And how long in the UV lamp - is it 120 seconds like the colour/top coat?

Thanks
xx

I noticed today that Structure Gel is no longer on the Harmony UK website. Is this just out of stock or is it being discontinued?

Hi, Structure Gel is on the website - it's on page 2 of the Gelish Essentials pages x

This is really helpful. I have a pot of stucture gel in the drawer but have beem unsure what to do with it. Can I ask, does it just go on your the other coats - do you cap the ends? And how long in the UV lamp - is it 120 seconds like the colour/top coat?

Thanks
xx

yes, yes, and yes lol!

I use Structure after my Foundation basecoat when required, and cure for 120 seconds or 30 seconds in LED.
Some people use it after the colour coats before the Top it Off, so you do have a choice there !

i use it on people with weak and peeling nails, ect.

i find that it adds extra strength.

i use mine after foundation, before colour, and cure for 2 mins in 36W UV lamp.

would definately reccomend it!

I also use it to do Gelish glitter toes!

Always cap the ends. You can use one or two coats to give extra strength. I also use it after applying a gelish reveal gel extension, as it helps to give a perfect smooth finish.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using SalonGeek

Thanks for your help - the pot will be coming out the drawer as we do have some clients whose nails could probably do with it.

Thanks
xx

Ive been keeping an eye on this post as i brought some at my training a few weeks ago. Its a fab product and i thought it would be hard to apply but nope its self leveling and gives a beautiful finish.

Only thing is i applied it on myself, but my question is do u need to buff after so i can then add the next layer i.e colour or top it off??so that its not shiny and smooth then the next layer can adhere?:confused:

Ive been keeping an eye on this post as i brought some at my training a few weeks ago. Its a fab product and i thought it would be hard to apply but nope its self leveling and gives a beautiful finish.

Only thing is i applied it on myself, but my question is do u need to buff after so i can then add the next layer i.e colour or top it off??so that its not shiny and smooth then the next layer can adhere?:confused:

I dry brush it just like the Foundation Gel.

I dry brush it just like the Foundation Gel.

Thankyou thought so, she showed us on training but that was all and i cant remember for the life of me if she brushed it or buffed.

Does the structure gel take longer to remove than just the Gelish on it's own.?

Hi, Structure Gel is on the website - it's on page 2 of the Gelish Essentials pages x

Oh wow, look at all those extra "Essentials" I've never noticed :o Thanks Bev.

I use stucture (on myself only) so i can buff my colour off when i want a colour change because i cant be bothered sitting there soaking, plus im no good at wrapping myself up my wraps keep falling off then i get annoyed lol.

Edited to add; I use structure to add protection to my natural nail whilst buffing, not because i've buffed my nails thin! Thought i would just add that has i didnt explain myself very well and my post could of been read and taken differently :)

Last edited:
Does the structure gel take longer to remove than just the Gelish on it's own.?

Yes it does, so allow extra time, when i soak off when a client has structure i know i can buff over the surface of the Gelish more which speeds up the removal process

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back