Gelish Structure & hard gel-how long do they last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BronzeBeauties

Reaction score
Hi
I love gelish but downfall is a lot of my clients have short nails and want extensions. Ive heard that the structure gel is ok for tips as long as they are kept short. How long would you say they last on average if kept short and also the hard gel how long on average do these last for longer extensions?
Thanks in advance

Someone will correct me if I am wrong but I thought the structure gel was just for adding a bit of strength and longevity to the Gelish and maybe help with a little break or if a corner broke off adding it on.

I maybe wrong as tho I do Gelish I actually use brisa lite smoothing under shellac and Gelish.as the same principal.

I know Gelish do a hard gel which is more for enhancements which should last very well and just need in filling or rebalancing every 2/3 weeks depending how fast the nail grows, it's a buff of gel. I presume like most gels it should only be used with clear tips, tho someone who knows more I'm sure will correct if wrong.

I would say structure is best kept for just adding strength or for repair and not really a full set of extensions , I have been using hard gel on myself now for about 6 months and I love the durability of it, it's so strong and lasts really well

Thanks i thought this ould be the case! Was kind of hoping the structure would e strong enough so could grow the natural nails underneath and then just use gelish alone for my girls that hate their short nails but i guess the hard gel its going to have to be. Thanks for replies x

I did hard gel sculptured extensions on my own and my natural nails have reached the same length now so they are just hard gel overlays , i think ill always have my hard gel as an overlay to give that extra strength as they are quite long and a bit weak I wouldn't feel they were secure enough with just gel polish

I was told yesterday whilst on a Gelish class, that the new class "Advanced Gelish", would cover Structure Gel & small extensions. NH have so many new classes available it would be advisable to ring your educator. HTH ;)

I don't use the Gelish brand very much, but I do a lot of gel extensions for myself and my clients. I would suggest getting a good building gel if you're looking into creating an extension for your client.

Latest posts

Back